Retouching resume help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retouching resume help

What is a retouching resume suppose to look like and what do you include. I am new to this whole thing so bear with me. I recently done some jobs for some independent record labels. I was asked to do some graphic treatments for a karl denson's Album cover. the Manager and producer love my work and I was paid, but the record company turned it down because it was to close release date. So can Include this on my resume. I mean I was paid but the image never made it on commercial shelves. All my work has been freelance and random usually working with one two people, plus I don't talk industry speak. is there any one out there who can show me what a proper freelance retouching/Digital illustration/graphic Design resume should look like. I have never been a resume guy. I done alot of stuff but I don't know what's essential to place on it or the proper format. Again I know this might be basic
    but resumes are not my friend. Photoshop is my friend.

newbie reaching out

Related Topics

Collapse

• Calden
    Retouching Assistants?
    by Calden
    Hi everybody,
    I recently moved to New York and am looking for entry level retouching opportunities. I have been doing freelance assisting for two years and retouching for one. I would really like to get my foot in the door at a retouching house, but don't think anyone is taking me very seriously...
    04-10-2007, 11:11 PM
  • oldmansam
    Resume Help
    by oldmansam
    Hey everyone, I'm new to this site, 25+ years retouching experience never had to really look for a job on my own mostly work with automotive retouching for the big guys. I recently got laid off and need to start looking for some freelance work but don't even know where to start. Does a retouchers resume...
    06-06-2009, 08:45 PM
  • Post-it
    Photo-retouching Courses!
    by Post-it
    Hi guys!

I will get the chance to introduce my self as well, Andy from Edinburgh! Yo!
    I am trying to go back to photo-retouching full-time after some years of just spare free-lance work and other random stuff.
    I always wanted to have a "Digital" experience in US,...
    06-16-2016, 03:52 AM
  • McCallister81
    The "administrative" side of retouching?
    by McCallister81
    Hey folks. New member here and seeking some input from fellow retouchers. Especially in a corportate/larger team environment(not freelance).

Basically, if you have a usual 40hr/wk retouching job, how much of your time do you spend deciphering excel lists or other non-editing tasks,...
    04-24-2017, 09:48 PM
  • PTS
    Retouching in Los Angeles, CA.
    by PTS
    Hi.

I'm moving to Los Angeles from the UK next month, and will be looking for photoshop retouching work. I wanted to seek advice from anyone who lives in LA and working within design / retouching, or knows someone who does. I've worked within mostly cosmetic retouching for years now,...
    01-23-2003, 03:15 PM
Working...
X