Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to find a job in London/UK?

Hello,

My name is Nadine, I'm 23 years old and I'm looking for a job as a photo retoucher or artworker in London.
    I'm currently living in Germany & London and I've been looking for a job for over a year now, using all the main jobsites such as gumtree, creativepool, jobrapido, guardianjobs etc. but almost nobody gets back to me.
    I've also tried to get in touch with recruiters in London but I don't get any replies either.
    I'm sure that my skills are good (I've worked for huge clients such as JOOP!, Tiger of Sweden, Jil Sander etc.) and to start in London I'm even mostly applying for Junior positions. My CV & portfolio are both good as well and I have no idea why nobody is getting back to me.

Does anyone here have some advice for me and what I can do? I've put so much effort into finding a job, designing & updating my CV & portfolio and I really want to find something as it would be my dream to work in London. I really love the job and would love to develop my skills as well.

I'd be very thankful for some replies.

Many thanks,

Nadine

Re: How to find a job in London/UK?

Mmmmhhhh.... I'm not the best guy to reply this but probably there are too much retouchers in those places you say. I think the best way is going in person, that's the best CV, I think.

Comment

Work is very tight in London at the moment! Even the large sweat shops are finding it tough.

Jeff

Comment

Don't blame yourself too much. This isn't the most healthy climate at the moment, so the jobs aren't exactly flying around. Patience.

Comment

Have a look on the Association of Photographer's website in the 'job shop' section, it often has quite a few retouching jobs advertised, there are ads in at the moment from Metro, Happy Finish and what looks like Henhouse (the one based in Kentish Town)
          It's the only place I've ever found that regularly posts retouching jobs,
          Good luck!

http://www.the-aop.org/home.asp?s=awards

Comment

First of all, become a Muslim. Then you should have no problem.

Comment