• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work

I am Really Curious HOW many People actually MAKE a FULLTIME living from
    RETOUCHING or RESTORATION work

I Personally think a SMALL percentage actually do

Re: Work

You got a "poll" feature when you post a new thread. You want to test that and see how it goes.
    I think many of the people here are not just retouchers (but I may be wrong)

Retouchers/photographers
    retouchers/digital artists
    retouchers/restorers
    retouchers/webdesigners...
    etc...

Comment

Originally posted by zganie View Post
      I am Really Curious HOW many People actually MAKE a FULLTIME living from
      RETOUCHING or RESTORATION work

I Personally think a SMALL percentage actually do
      Retoucher/Photo-illustrator (or whatever you want to call it) is my sole source of income.

--Shift Studio.

Comment

I've been doing it professionally for ten years now. Retouching only.
        We're out there.

Comment

I've been working solely as a retoucher for 18 years so we are out there!
          Even the easy jobs used to pay well; now it's just hard jobs come my way!

R.

Comment

Photographer/Retoucher

Comment

yep. full-time freelance retoucher here as well, not much time to do anything else. definitely plenty of work out there. As long as you can get your name out and have a body of work to back it up.

Comment

I have no Doubt there are people doing it and making a living.BUT Like I said "A SMALL PERCENTAGE" I mean just on here there's over 90,000 members

Comment

Originally posted by zganie View Post
                  I have no Doubt there are people doing it and making a living.BUT Like I said "A SMALL PERCENTAGE" I mean just on here there's over 90,000 members
                  This is like the 8th thread you've made on this topic - what's the point?

No one said there are more pros than amateurs on this site. At the same time most pros never respond to such threads because taking attendance doesn't excite them. If you know where to find a greater amount or higher proportion of pros that's great - where is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Flashtones View Post
                    This is like the 8th thread you've made on this topic - what's the point?

No one said there are more pros than amateurs on this site. At the same time most pros never respond to such threads because taking attendance doesn't excite them. If you know where to find a greater amount or higher proportion of pros that's great - where is it?
                    I recalled too that the OP asked this over and over, I thought I would respond this time and see 'whats the point?'

So Zganie, what are you trying to get at? That most people on this forum are amateurs?

--Shift Studio.

Comment

Maybe Pros Should answer so newbies can get an idea of what to expect,itdoesn't cost them anything but a minute of time.
                      And as far as repetitive posting!!! I am an amateur compared to some people on here
                      The IDEA! Behind the Question is to help out people who just MIGHT NOT be as in the Know as othe people,WHO might be thinking of taking this as a career path BUT not Sure
                      SO PASSING ON INFORMATION "WHICH COSTS YOU NOTHING" I think should be a pleasure.SO Newbies or less experienced have some idea what there getting into BEFORE they start Buying all sorts of BOOKS and DVD's

After all isn't that what this sight is about

Comment

Questions? Staements? whatever As far as finding my posts there hundreds on here pretty much the same (or More) asking or stating this problem
                        Exactly why I stated this(I Personally think a SMALL percentage actually do )
                        Does it mean I am Right "NO"
                        I am not BAiTING ANYONE Simply asking and either its true that there is a small percentage of people or they just don't want to answer
                        Everyday on this SIGHT people ask these Questions "Maybe not word for word but pretty much the same idea" are they also "Baiting" people

FINALLY; Cat and mouse game?? the question at the top of this thread seems pretty straight forward to me

Comment

Why do you keep asking the same question over and over again, year after year? what answer are you looking for, that you have not received yet?

Comment

It is ok You guys pretty much answered it so I won't have to ask again
                            Thanks

Comment