Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• startup software?

Hello
    brand new here today. I'm currently to under experianced to even worry about finding work in this field. I do have a passion for photography that I've
    recently aquired. Really started enjoying photoshop elements 6 that my
    daughter has.
    I'm very interested in pursing the photo restoration and retouch field.
    I would greatly appreciate any guidence on what would be the best software
    to get started with (photoshop cs3?cs4? etc.). I've found some good on line coarses for most all of adobe's related software at a local community collage.
    Just have no idea on what software to get. I'm don't know where I may go with all of this in the future.
    thanks

Re: startup software?

Hi geilf: Welcome to RP, this is a very cool site. I can't tell you what program you should use to start with. There are lots of programs out there, and I guess it depends on personal taste.
    But I'd say that Photoshop is almost a standard and what most people use, including me.
    My advice is: if you are going to get Photoshop, go for the latest version which is CS5, it contains new features that makes it easier to use.

Regards

Comment

Thanks for the reply does look like a good site.

Comment

Photoshop CS5 would be your first choice; work your way down from there as budget dictates.

Comment

I guess an online course wouldn't qualify him for the student discount edition?
          http://www.adobe.com/education/stude...igibility.html

Comment

Perhaps!

Also, as many know there are decent free layers-based Photoshop-compatible image editors such as Paint.net [Windows-only], GIMP, etc.

Comment

Thanks all for the input. I think photoshop cs5 is the way to go. not cheap but looks like alot of good lessons out there for this.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• memphishooter
                Considering software
                by memphishooter
                I am wondering what is the best software I can get and get into to work on my pictures after the fact? I end up shooting skin colors that are a challenge to make look good, and there are other issues to deal with. Is Photoshop CS3 my only good option here, is there less expensive, equally useful software...
                06-16-2008, 06:47 PM
              • MatthewMarshall
                Chromakey software? I need to find software.
                by MatthewMarshall
                Chromakey software. Does anyone know a good free or cheep program. I do events i need a software program that can edit out the green screen on the spot so i can print the photos on the spot. If posible, the program would be able to directly import my canon xt images right away. I have seen the express...
                09-30-2007, 03:07 AM
              • nicolaasdb
                eclipse imaging software
                by nicolaasdb
                Hi,

New to Forum....

Question has anyone used or heard of eclipse imaging software by formvision -- Avermann Software GMBH
                www.formvision.de

If so could you let me know what you thought or heard..

Nicolaas de Bruin
                www.nicola...
                04-28-2005, 03:53 PM
              • rdowning
                vintage hardware and software question
                by rdowning
                Hi.
                I maintain a working SGI 4VGX workstation on which I run the Barco Creator application. We use it specifically for the warp function for which I know of no current software replacement.
                The problem is that this software's license references a chip which contains the system ID number...
                05-22-2008, 10:33 AM
              • Doug Nelson
                Why is OpenSource software so ugly?
                by Doug Nelson
                I had to use gparted to install Vista this weekend, and I was reminded of my primary objection to Linux: all the interfaces and apps are ugly. Mishmashed fonts, ill-fitting UI features, and no concious attempt at any sort of unified standard.

Even the apps offered as counter-examples...
                11-05-2006, 02:05 PM
              Working...
              X