Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retoucher

Hi

I have been working as a retoucher for over 15 years in magazine publishing. I feel there is no future in my current line of work at the moment. I am keen to learn new applications and broaden my field of expertise. I am looking at moving into the advertising world. Has anyone got any tips of how I could get a job in this field or another that has a bright future?

Thanks

Re: Retoucher

There seems to be no shortage of great retouching studios in London, if it were me, I would try to get a position at one of these studios. All of the more established ones will be handling some degree of advertising retouching work since no one can sustain a business on editorial work alone. A lot of advertising imagery is created in CGI environments these days, but from my experience, these images still have to be pulled together and married with traditional photography by a skilled retoucher.

Comment

Re: Retoucher

Thanks for your reply. I would be interested in learning CGI too. Sounds like I need to get networking

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• KumarSandeep
        Market for Retoucher
        by KumarSandeep
        Hi
        Everyone,

i am new to retouchpro and i want to know about retouching and its market or scope of retouching. Please guide me as i am very much interested in retouching.
        07-17-2014, 09:18 AM
      • jagerman
        Retoucher for hire
        by jagerman
        After 10 years of hiding in the back of photography studios I have decided to go out on my own. Please except this invitation to view my new gallery http://immortalimaging.net It is packed full of retouching work that I have done for photography, editorial, celebrity and corporate clients from all...
        04-08-2008, 12:54 PM
      • alexverron.com
        Junior Re-Toucher
        by alexverron.com
        I’m new to this service and am glad to discover that something like this site exists. I am a Aspen, CO based Digital Artist who is willing to do whatever it takes to gain professional experience in a more work-saturated and fast paced market. Although I am not particularly excited at the prospect...
        yes
        40.00%
        no
        60.00%
        06-22-2008, 04:22 PM
      • Hannah Spanner
        Junior Retoucher jobs??
        by Hannah Spanner
        I'v been working as a freelance junior retoucher for a while but really want something more permanent. Does anyone know of any agencies/ studios that might take on a junior retoucher??

Any advice would be muchly appreciated!
        11-19-2012, 09:35 AM
      • Matt84
        Becoming a retoucher...
        by Matt84
        Hi all!

I'm often asked how did I become a retoucher and a recent interview I did for Image Source answers this and a few other questions about retouching!

You can read the interview here and see my work here!

Would love to hear your thoughts on the questions...
        10-09-2011, 09:13 AM
      Working...
      X