pdf portfolio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pdf portfolio

So I've been messing around with creating an interactive pdf portfolio in InDesign to send off in emails. Although there is a way to make rollovers work, I am becoming frustrated that not all pdf readers can handle it. I'm tired of things not working in the pdf version when viewed in Preview by a client. Soo... how are you guys showing before and afters in your pdf's (if you're using email portfolios)? I was considering scrapping the rollovers and just placing the before and afters side by side.

ps: I do have a website, but I don't have permission to show some really great before and afters online for the public to see.

Re: pdf portfolio

I'm watching this thread with interest. LF, if you come across good info elsewhere please deposit it here for the rest of us. Thanks.

Comment

I would like to know also ...

Comment

I decided to go with putting the before and after side by side in the pdf instead of as a rollover. I discovered if the interactive pdf is opened in Preview, the rollovers won't work, however hyperlinks do work. If opened in Acrobat, the rollovers will work, and not sure if the hyperlinks work. It also depends which version of Acrobat is used to open the pdf. I read somewhere that not all pdf readers are created equal, which is annoying to me because a pdf is supposed to be a document that can be read everywhere universally.

So... I suggest if you want rollovers of before and afters, or anything interactive, make a website. If you need to make a pdf, don't bother with the rollovers. You just don't know what your client will use to view it with.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• jon@pixelphix
          Crit on my portfolio
          by [email protected]
          HI there! If people would be so kind to have a look at website and comment on the content, structure ,quality of work etc i'd be really appreciative. Looking at it from a potential client point of view. Was going to do a big mail out but thought it wood be good to get some professional input first!...
          12-04-2008, 04:48 AM
        • bcnretouch
          celebrities in portfolio-
          by bcnretouch
          Hi everyone,

I am in the process of setting up my portfolio and have a question. I have a number of celebrity images that I want to include. I have permission from the photographer but obviously I can't show before and afters on my site. Is there any way that I can provide interested...
          11-15-2011, 08:24 AM
        • Chocolate
          Retouching Portfolio Advice
          by Chocolate
          Hey everyone,

Just looking for some advice on how to put a portfolio together. A lot of job opportunities obviously ask for a portfolio to be submitted usually in PDF form. I'm wondering roughly how many images you would recommend to put in the portfolio? I'm very conscious of putting...
          08-17-2017, 03:48 AM
        • Retouch1234
          Putting together a Portfolio
          by Retouch1234
          Hey everyone.

I hope this is the right area to post this so if it isn't apologies!

I am a senior high end photographic retoucher who has predominately been full-time in my career.
          I am heading off into the world of freelance and have already asked to provide a portfolio...
          03-29-2015, 07:58 AM
        • madscientist
          some queastions on building a portfolio
          by madscientist
          Hey everyone,

I'm planning on building an online portfolio of my retouch & design work.. and attach a blog and some other pages to that as well.. I definitely want to make it in wordpress.. still looking for a nice theme

a few Q's

1) What would be...
          02-24-2012, 06:24 AM
        Working...
        X