• Benny Profane
    replied
    Re: dbinbox.com

cool. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Nelson
    started a topic dbinbox.com

dbinbox.com

I stumbled across this while researching other things and it looks like it would be an ideal solution for clients to submit files.

http://www.dbinbox.com

You need a dropbox account (which can be free), and a dbinbox account (which also can be free, but even the fancy version is cheap).

But when you get it all hooked up you get a simple URL you can provide to anyone and they simply drag a file onto the webpage and it appears in a folder on your local computer and you get an email notification.

The client doesn't have to register anywhere, and no one but you can see any files that get sent.

You'd probably have to buy the $30/yr plan to be able to handle full resolution files. But that also lets you embed the uploader on your own website (or presumably within emails which would be very slick).

Related Topics

Collapse

• ekuna
    Zip File?
    by ekuna
    How can I put a few raw files into a Zip. -
    so I can e-mail them without using any
    additional software? I'm using Mac.
    Ctr + compress doesn't reduce the file size,
    so I need some other suggestions, please.

Thank you.
    12-09-2010, 08:52 PM
  • lana
    Free good diagnostic utility
    by lana
    It's necessary sometimes to count such simple things as lines in the file(s), files sizes, the number of files in one or some programs. This free utility helps very good. Try!

http://aboutproject.port5.com
    02-25-2003, 09:28 PM
  • Cameraken
    Java Class Files ???
    by Cameraken
    Hi Everyone.

I have found some software/Filters that I wanted to try. It downloaded as a .tar.gz file and said it was a Java file.

I’ve extracted the files and now I have a bunch of *.class files.

Can anyone please tell me what to do with these files?...
    10-28-2005, 12:31 PM
  • RokcetScientist
    Large File Transfer
    by RokcetScientist
    The question how to transfer (very) large files and folders – as email limits attachments to 10 or 15MB – crops up regularly.

I use 3 FREE online services for transfer of large files and folders :

• Podmailing.com is FREE and allows transfer of unlimited numbers of files of...
    01-03-2009, 08:01 AM
  • leuallen
    Setting up FTP
    by leuallen
    How do I set FTP so that clients can send me files? Do I need a seperate computer? I have broadband. What are the security issues?

Help, I am in the dark. I am in the sticks and want to do work for the surrounding town photo studios/labs and I need to know how they can get the files to...
    10-14-2005, 02:27 PM
Working...
X