Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pricing/time for edit weddings with 15k pictures

Hello to all...

I want to know how long do u guys need for editing weddings?
    and what is your experience how long do u need for jobs like this?

I do editing weddings for manny years and usually i get from the photographer all photos from the wedding (3-4000 raw files) and my job is:

client 1:
    -i get 3-4000 raw files
    -delete bad ones, duplicates, and correct white ballance,tones..
    (usually half of the raw files)
    -make a "best of selection" of 250 pictures
    -edit in LR,PS 250 pictures (vsco style)
    -make a slideshow and web gallery
    -burn all on dvds, print labels, covers

But i also have a client with unusual 4days weddings, pictures taken from 3-4 photographers... and this is what i get and need to be done:

Client 2:
    -i get 15-20 000 raw photos
    -delete bad ones, duplicates, and correct white ballance,tones..
    (usually half of the raw files)
    -sort and make panoramas from the reception
    -make a "best of selection" of 1000 pictures
    -edit in LR,PS 1000 pictures (vsco style)
    -make 2 different wedding book designs (35 spreads)
    -make a slideshow and web gallery
    -burn all on dvds, print labels, covers

...so for "client 1" my time to make all this is 3 work days(8h/day)
    and for "client 2" is 10 work days (8h/day)
    My client is a expensive studio with really good pictures and the edit need to be high class!

what do u think? am i too slow? too fast?
    what is your experience?
    do u have clients with similar needs?

thank u

Re: pricing/time for edit weddings with 15k pictur

I don't think you'll find anyone here that does weddings, unless it's for magazine publishing, as it requires no retouching(retouching=DNB, global and local, establishing a look including contrast, color palette, removing distractions, enhancing detail, masking.... pretty much everything that an image needs to become art).

As for editing, I think that is reasonably fast(editing=choosing the image and developing the raw).

Comment

Originally posted by skoobey View Post
      I don't think you'll find anyone here that does weddings, unless it's for magazine publishing, as it requires no retouching(retouching=DNB, global and local, establishing a look including contrast, color palette, removing distractions, enhancing detail, masking.... pretty much everything that an image needs to become art).

As for editing, I think that is reasonably fast(editing=choosing the image and developing the raw).
      I am not speaking of regular weddings, and i am not speaking just regular editing of colours... i have studio shoots fashion,beauty magazine style .. i have reception shoots, panoramas, HDR... (every edited picture needs to be like for a magazine)

Comment

Like Skoobey, I can't get my head around the numbers involved and the concept of 'high class' retouching. Typically, how long do you spend on one image?

Comment