• Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Related Topics

Collapse

• HeavyTheory
    Clients Outsourcing Your Work
    by HeavyTheory
    I've had several photographers in the last month casually tell me that they have been getting some of their retouching done online through sites who apparently are based in India. Each of these shooters are people who have given me work in the past and we are casual enough to do lunch together and talk...
    04-16-2013, 08:21 AM
  • dipech
    How to get all the business you can handle doing restorations/retouching?
    by dipech
    Hi Everyone!

For those of you who are doing restorations and retouching for a living, I have some questions:

1. Nowadays is it possible to make a living just from doing restorations & retouching?
    2. Do you think you also have to be in business as a photographer...
    07-12-2003, 11:55 PM
  • smiley guy
    Portfolio, presentation, cold calls etc.
    by smiley guy
    Hi all,

I just registered my photo retouching and restoration business last week and am getting started on trying to generate some actual business. Some completely newbie questions for your consideration:

1. What are people looking for in a portfolio of r&r? Are there...
    08-31-2005, 07:07 PM
  • grafx
    I know...I always have "odd" issues...
    by grafx
    How do you tell a client in a nice why that you are a retoucher, not a personal assistant?

1.) They were notified in the beginning that my average turn-around is 2 weeks
    2.) They know I have other clients and I juggle "first come, first serve" unless a rush is being paid...
    10-21-2007, 02:34 PM
  • zganie
    making money2
    by zganie
    I know that most people want to work in fashion or highend retouching,But what about people who do actual restorations of old photographs,Are you making money/a living.Again I ask for the same reasons I asked in the previous post.I think this will be very helpful to people who are interested in doing...
    03-09-2008, 06:34 AM
Working...
X