Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Are my rates too cheap?

Originally posted by Repairman View Post
    For every retoucher making bucks on glossy magazine covers there are a hundred more doing model cards and photographer samples for pennies. IMO you make more money out of putting right what someone else got wrong than you do making good stuff look great and there is plenty of the former out there to fix. Often it's a lack of commercial nous rather than ability that holds retouchers back.
    They are just not as good. It's all one thing. One skill set.

Like saying for every great photographer there are a million making pennies. THEY ARE NOT AS GOOD, that's why. It's not just pure photography, it's about human relations, like any business; retouching, too.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• samoflak
      rates
      by samoflak
      of course i don't expect anyone to tell me their rate, but tips would be nice, im new to the industry, young and looking for experience over cash if im honest. I have some job offers on the go atm but i have no idea how much to charge, how would you guys recommend i go about working out my rates?...
      04-01-2008, 12:41 PM
    • seedomo
      Shedding some light on pay rates.
      by seedomo
      I'm retouching for editorial photographers who shoot celebrities, politicians, and CEO's for magazines like Time and Fortune. I'm billing $75 per hour. That's here in NYC. The budget usually only covers a few hours. What about you guys? Some exact numbers would be beneficial for everyone I think. Perhaps...
      10-22-2007, 12:50 PM
    • MikeRR
      NEW YORK, Freelance Rates, Day Rates, etc.
      by MikeRR
      Hello all.

I have a few questions for myself, and fellow retoucher friends, that we've had trouble finding answers on. Retouchpro.com seems like the place to go for discussion.

- For mid high-very high level retouchers, what should their hourly rates be on a freelance...
      01-12-2013, 10:03 AM
    • olesja_h
      rates
      by olesja_h
      Dear All,

I am trying to see if I can afford to get a retoucher on my team. I am a photographer, who has been retouching her own work up until now. Well, it is not what I like to do....I am paranoidal and obsessed about retouching, and mess with it way too much...Then I get my models...
      03-04-2007, 11:09 PM
    • cygnus
      How much to charge
      by cygnus
      Hi

I run a small side business of shooting table tops for web stores. This has given me some exposure of using PS to manipulate images I shoot. Off late I have been receive request for retouching/ manipulating pictures shot by other photographers and I am not sure as to what should I...
      10-24-2006, 11:50 AM
    Working...
    X