Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with pricing!

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and forgive me I haven't checked all the threads so my question might be already posted here. I have a job offer for clothing catalogue retoching (models on scene) and it will be in print and online as well. I haven't done this kind of retouching, mostly real estate photos and online products and clothes for online selling, so they are asking me for a price quote. The company is a US based, so the market is pretty big. Could you please advise on a price range of about 50 photos for this kind of retouching? Thank you all!
    Last edited by Lana M; 04-12-2017, 01:16 PM.

Re: Help with pricing!

Estimate how much time you need per photo(it's good to actually finish one), time that by your hourly rate and number of photos and there it is.

So let's say you earn 10$ per hour(I'm trying to use round numbers here) and that you need an hour per photo x 50 files = 500$.
    But if you are just applying filters and erasing elbows and knees like many e-commerce retouchers do, then you can finish 5 images per hour, and that equates as followed 1/5x10x50= 100$ (again round numbers, not real math)

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• jtd131
      Average Income
      by jtd131
      Hey, what do you guys think is the average income/payrate/etc for pro retouchers? Just curious. I realize thats totally ambiguous and vague, but I thought I would ask none the less. Trying to figure out if investing in a fancy website will be worth it, since I don't have much work right now and don't...
      05-20-2009, 10:59 AM
    • discoSiren
      Am I being silly?
      by discoSiren
      Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and was hoping that one of you clever people might be able to help me out? I have searched the forums but could only find $ prices for this kind of thing, and I'm not sure how much this service differs in the US from the UK price wise.

I...
      04-20-2009, 04:43 PM
    • LetteRed
      Pricing Help
      by LetteRed
      OK i am new to the forum and new to charging for retouching, i have strong photoshop skills, im a graphic designer and doing it for about 4 years, but im want to get into the retouch market. i got offered a freelance gig its from 40 to 60 images for a magazine dont really know to much about the mag....
      06-27-2007, 03:23 PM
    • kiska
      WHAT to charge???
      by kiska
      My son, a 'new' photographer, has been contacted by the South Rome Project for photos. The Project is an endeavor to redevelop a rundown section of town. SRP wants documentary type photos of the life of 2-3 families in the area. Photos would be used in a PowerPoint presentation to raise funds. Probably...
      03-02-2006, 04:25 PM
    • nrotunda
      The "what are your rates?" Question
      by nrotunda
      Hi everyone! How do you respond where people ask your this question? Like a lot of people, I charge per project. I have an hourly wage in mind, I determine the amount of hours it will take me for a particular job, and you know the rest.

The problem is that I get asked the question "what...
      05-20-2014, 09:25 AM
    Working...
    X