please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help

First of all, please forgive me for not posting this in the business/work topic but that topic doesnt get read alot and i need answers quickly. Thanks

I'm starting to write a business plan for opening a photography studio/ photo restoration studio and i was wondering if anyone has already done this and could give me any tips. I've already been to the websites for writing business plans, i would like some tips from people specifically in the retouch/restoration business on what to say or what works and what doesnt. Thanks so much.
    -Michelle

You are off to a great start when you even consider making up a business plan - most people don't and fail as a result!

The best advice I can give you for your next step is to contact SCORE. This is a group of retired execs - and in your area there will be some great people that will help you - all at NO cost believe it or not!

I did this when I first went into business many many years ago and can tell you the aid was more than I could have ever thought possible! You will need to fill out a short form (I think this can now be done online) to explain your needs and they will send you a list of retired people who can help you - one on one!.

People who have set up and run multimillion dollar business are willing to devote their time to helping even the smallest startups! Seems unreal but it's a fact.

Best of Luck in your new venture.

Jim Conway

Comment

I can only second what Jim said. I too have used S.C.O.R.E., and can't say enough about them. Great rescource! They'll help you with your business plan right from the get-go, and it won't stop there.

Ed

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• twinkissed
        Restarting from scratch and need advice
        by twinkissed
        Ok I used to have a business. I went and obtained a "business license" and got a website. I ended up with nothing but trouble. I got bombarded with people telling me that by law I had to get these "Labor Law" signs and then the property appraiser said I had to file this form for...
        06-27-2006, 09:00 PM
      • Aric
        lets talk about running a retouching business.
        by Aric
        There are a few photographic groups in my area, and there is even a group of retouchers in my area. P.A.T. Photographic Artists of Texas. At least twice a year I hold a workshop on digital retouching. Usually I focus on technique, but the last one I focused (no pun intended) on how I ran my business....
        07-26-2002, 08:06 AM
      • Pope37
        I Finally Took the Plunge
        by Pope37
        Hello everyone. I would like to begin by saying that I have been monitoring the forums for about a month and I am very impressed by how professional, caring and compassionate people here are, I had to join. I have finally taken the plunge and opened up my own small restoration business. I would be honored...
        01-24-2005, 08:29 PM
      • jenjen
        frustrated with new business
        by jenjen
        HI everyone! I started my own business with photo restoration back in the summer. I did some advertising but was limited because i don't have any extra money. I put a ad in the paper and handed out some fliers and posted a post card flier in some convenient stores. I haven't had one call or anything....
        12-27-2005, 09:26 AM
      • Doug Nelson
        Making a living
        by Doug Nelson
        If you tried, could you make a fulltime living from photo restoration?
        Yes, I'm already doing that very thing
        10.20%
        Yes, I plan on doing that very thing
        21.09%
        Maybe, but I'd need a lot more jobs
        51.02%
        Can't be done, but it's still fun
        17.69%
        08-09-2001, 06:57 PM
      Working...
      X