Window Decals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Decals

I know there was a thread somewhere that talked about this, but for the life of me I can't find it--even tried the search engine but no luck.

Anyway, I've heard some people talking about putting window decals on their cars. I stumbled upon this while browsing through Amazon.com so I thought I'd post it here.

Might be worth a try.http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...751572-6792134

Amanda

Akj, Looks interesting. I think that removable window decals might appeal to folks around Election time. Might be a good idea to contact the local Offices of the major political parties plus any of the non-dangerous fringe dwelling political parties and let them know that these are avaliable. Plus printing bumpersticker type messages on them might bring in some business as well. Tom
    Last edited by thomasgeorge; 09-07-2001, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Hi Tom

Good idea about the bumper stickers. I think the same company that makes the decals product also makes bumper sticker paper for ink-jet printers. I know I saw it on Amazon somewhere.

Amanda

Comment

Let's not stop there guys. I put removeable window stickers in my windows every Christmas and Thanksgiving. How about home decorations personalized for the holiday seasons. I don't remember this suggestion in any other threads but I know there was a what to do for up coming holiday thread that this reply would fit under also. Great find Amanda.
        DJ
        Last edited by DJ Dubovsky; 09-07-2001, 08:19 PM.

Comment

All good ideas. Halloween might be another good one. People around here decorate pretty heavily for it.

Ed

Comment

Another thought just came to me. How 'bout a decal "I survived _________ High - 2002" for the graduates?

Ed

Comment

Great find Amanda! Thanks for passing it on. -Jeanie

Comment

Well this one has me stumped...if using the decals for outside and printing them off an inket printer, how do they withstand moisture without the ink running off them?

Comment

Chris,

I'm not sure just what the process was, but we had decals printed to put on the doors of our truck. I know it was printed on a computer printer, but I'm not sure if it was an inkjet or not. Also, like I said, I'm not familiar with the process, but they've been on the truck for about three years (maybe four), and they still look great.

Ed

Comment

Chris W., I think these are the kind that are placed on the inside of the window rather than on the outside. I have seen those type before and they can be applied and removed very easily with no residual mess. Tom

Comment

oh okay Tom,

Guess this slow thingking country life is rubbing off on me..LOL.

I thought perhaps that was the case but just checking to see if everyone is thinking as hard as I am today!

Comment

Looking for good material sources

This is something I've been interested in as well but my problem has been finding good materials for ink jet. I'm looking for some white interior window cling stock and white exterior adhesive stock - if you know of a good source, please let me know.

I intend to print a 3 color decal with my Epson Photo 1270. Ideally I'd like to find sheets with 2.75 or 3 inch pre-cut circles. For the exterior adhesive, vinyl would be nice. If not pre-cut, I'd need either a die cutter (expensive) or some sort of reliable circle cutter.

I have seen some weather proofing sprays to use for inkjet but don't know how reliable they are or cost effective. Had also though I could distribute the decal along with a square sheet of some clear 'weather proof' material to apply over it after application to a window or bumper.

Alternately, anybody have an experience with a printing service for decals? I'd rather do this myself because of low volume but I could probably see an order for 250 -300 of one particular decal that I want to have printed.

I was looking at http://www.websticker.com and http://www.stickerguy.com but have experience with neither.

-Scott

Comment

Scott. Try the following link, I know that they carry circular cutters which are very sturdy( used to cut material for buttons-- the cutter is a cast iron device) and spray coatings for ink jet prints. Hope this is some help. http://www.prostudiousa.com/eq.htm . Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom,

While I have seen a lot of circle cutter items associated with button assembly machines, I don't actually want to mess with the button part. I just want to cut stickers/decals out, but finding a good cutter seems to be a challenge.

Here is a page that lists some 'cheap' circle cutters (swore I'd never buy another Fiskars product):

http://www.cutnfun.com/cutters.htm

Here's an overpriced cutter that I'd like to find a comparitive cost on, but haven't been able to so far:

http://www.buttonsonline.com/cutter.html

Here's some vinyl stock I'd try but the cost isn't good, 10 sheets at $16.00:

http://www.paper-paper.com/bumper_stickers.html

The same company also sells their own protective spray, at $8 for a 4 oz can. Wonder how long that would last?

-Scott
                            Last edited by sburris; 09-09-2001, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Scott, The sprays I played around with seemed to do a pretty good job of providing protection here, but, since this is a low humidity area I really cant say how they would work else where. The one thing about the sprays that I didnt like very much was the fumes , you really must be in a well ventilated area to use them and some sort of protective mask similar to what is used in Body and Paint shops is a pretty good idea.They also need to be applied under the right temp. conditions as well. Thanks for the links!. Tom

Comment