Dependent on Business?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dependent on Business?

I was just wondering if anyone here is dependent on the restoration business as their main source of income. How much do you depend on the business (if at all) for a living?

Ed

I don't think I could depend on it for sole support or I would be begging in the streets to supplement my meager income. Right now it's still in the hobby that pays status.
    DJ

Comment

At this point I could not do restoration full time. As a lab tech I am seeing more interrest but customers as asking why it is so expensive. They see the ads for $39 from the Osco and Wal-Marts. All we can do is say you usually get what you pay for.

I enjoy doing the restorations so I almost consider it a hobby. Lots of satisfaction in saving a memory.

Comment

I find that straight restoration work wont produce much income around here, so I diversify by doing reprints, albums and such. Tom

Comment

I couldn't survive on my income from this. However, I haven't put any effort into marketing or sales. I don't advertise or promote my business, most find me by word of mouth or by accident. At this point in time, I'm not able to handle a full blown business, but I do plan to head in that direction. Still, I doubt if this could ever be profitable enough to be considered "income".

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• thomasgeorge
            Public Display Of Work
            by thomasgeorge
            Has anyone here tried contacting any Businesses like Resturants, Hair dressing salons etc., about displaying before and after pictures of your work and how did you go about it? How often do you rotate the prints, what all do you display? Tom
            08-25-2001, 04:50 PM
          • geilf
            restoration business from home. where do I start?
            by geilf
            tax wise and legally what needs to be done to start a photo restoration business out of ones home. any tips or direction would be great.
            looking at early retiring from my current job and getting into something I really enjoy for once. To bad I didn't come accross photo re-touching and restoration...
            07-16-2011, 01:10 PM
          • Doug Nelson
            Making a living
            by Doug Nelson
            If you tried, could you make a fulltime living from photo restoration?
            Yes, I'm already doing that very thing
            10.20%
            Yes, I plan on doing that very thing
            21.09%
            Maybe, but I'd need a lot more jobs
            51.02%
            Can't be done, but it's still fun
            17.69%
            08-09-2001, 06:57 PM
          • Doug Nelson
            Business practices
            by Doug Nelson
            For those of us that do manage to find restoration work, how "business-y" are you? Do you have bookkeeping software, cut invoices, etc.? Do you have brochures, price lists, even...business cards?

Do you promote? Advertise? Offer coupons or return client or referral incentives?...
            08-09-2001, 11:56 PM
          • awildone11
            New Business/Frusterated
            by awildone11
            Hello all. I believe I posted here before once or twice, but if not (or if you dont remember/ etc), I'm an early 20's graduate of WSU (washington), with a BA in Business and History but a passion for Photoshop and restoration. I've been using photoshop since I was a highschool student, and read many...
            01-23-2006, 07:49 PM
          Working...
          X