No announcement yet.

Help!! need advice fast on tutoring Photoshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like your thinking Tom. That's a fantastic idea. Try various levels of restoration and walk her through each. Kind of build on each level as we go.
    I will definately keep you all informed. That's if all goes well and I get the position.
    DJ

Comment

Debbie,

Just wondering how everything went for you. Did you get the job, and if so, how's everything working out?

Ed

Comment

I just came across this thread and am wondering if you took the job. To put fees in perspective, just look at how much the golf and tennis pros get down here in Fl. for lessons and they don't require any preparation time either like you'll have.I think what's interesting about your tutoring situation is that you'll be focusing on the specific area of PS that's your expertise.Incidentally, have you looked into the Photography Center in Delray to see what they charge for their classes.And for what it's worth, the community college here in Martin County charges $125 for their 3 credit PS course. It runs 15 session-2 1/2 hours a session.
        Paulette

Comment

Well, I had a meeting set up for that Monday morning and about an hour before it, they called to ask for a postponement. I never heard from them again. I was a bit disappointed but that's life. I actually didn't respond to the thread because for awhile I thought they really would call me back. Then I just forgot about it. Sorry about that guys. Would have been a nice opportunity but that's life.
          DJ

Comment

Sorry to hear about that Debbie. I thought that could be a good opportunity for you. Have you thought about advertising in the newspaper?

Ed

Comment

DJ:

Don't feel bad, I've had a few of those disappointments as well.

But having a few "one hour" courses prepared would probably be good for you anyway. I'm going over and over on how to explain how to use shadowing techniques and some of the basic commands and short-cut keys.
              Each time I do so, I find myself explaining things better and better and find out how I repeat myself, or try to figure out the best way to explain things.

Rick

Comment

Ed,
                Actually with all our computer problems of late I didn't want to advertise anymore than I was because I didn't know how soon I would be up and running and didn't want to make promises I couldn't keep. Now things are back to normal with a few nice upgrades and I can start looking at taking on more work.

Thanks Rick
                I was sorry things didn't work out with the tutoring and who knows, they may call sometime in the future. I can't say. Actully with the holidays and a few other things going on I was busy and this wasn't the best time but if they were going to go with it I would have worked something out with them. I had even outlined a lesson plan from various books and CDs I had so I was thinking in that direction. Once I had gotten started I figured I would get a better idea of how much would be taken in in one hours time and go from there.
                DJ

Comment

Mornin' Debbie,

I've always been told that if you advertise in the paper, you get better results if you keep a small ad going in the same place every day rather than larger ads placed less frequently. People tend to notice the small ad, and they might not be interested in your services at any given time. But when they are ready, they will probably remember how to find you. I don't know if the cost would be worth the return you get, but you might be able to negotiate a better rate with some of the papers. If you do decide to put an ad in the paper, you might consider mentioning that personal instruction in Photoshop is available as well as the restorations themselves. Just a thought. A few lessons could pay for a lot of ads.

Ed

Comment

Good idea, thanks Ed.
                    DJ

Comment

You're more than welcome.

Ed

Comment