Setting up a booth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up a booth

I was at Garden Ridge today (hobby/crafts superstore chain) and they had a photographer with a folding card table by the front entrance selling baby photo packages. He was busy, so I couldn't discuss it with him, but I wondered how much something like that would cost. Great exposure, and I do believe the same people that buy crafts and home decor would also be inclined to have photos restored.

Has anyone got any experience with this kind of thing?
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

I 've attended street fairs, craft shows and other such events, taking some framed before and after examples for display, some printed hand outs and offering for sale greeting cards featuring digital photos of the local wildlife, old buildings, etc., and it has provided a fair amount of business plus lots of exposure. In the situation here, having a small population to draw customers from, I would say it has worked pretty well. In a larger area, I think it would sure be worth trying out. Tom

Comment

I haven't done anything like that, but I do think it might be a good thing. An ideal spot IMHO would be to set something up at a festival which has a historical theme to it. I know there are a lot of festivals where antique cars or steam engines are the themes, and that type of thing seems as though it would be just what the doctor ordered.

Ed

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• thomasgeorge
        Appraising Old Photos
        by thomasgeorge
        In the course of restoration work, have any of you been asked to appraise the photos brought in? I am wondering if this might be a natural extension of the Restoration business--giving appraisals for insurance purposes, etc. Any thoughts on this? It might provide not only a slight increase in income,...
        11-02-2001, 08:52 PM
      • thomasgeorge
        Holiday Season Planning
        by thomasgeorge
        Just wondering if anyone out there is giving any thought to the coming Holiday season and ways in which you could both provide a unique offering/service to the public and perhaps make a few $$ in the process. I hate to sound money grubbing as I actually am not, but the reality is that folks tend to...
        09-04-2001, 03:42 PM
      • Vikki
        Booth ideas
        by Vikki
        Doug, I don't have any information for you, just another question.
        But it's sort of on the same subject (actually I was going to start a thread when I saw yours).

Has anyone here done any displays for their work?
        I'm thinking about setting up a booth at a local home show,...
        10-07-2001, 01:58 PM
      • Vikki
        Market Research
        by Vikki
        I've been looking all over the net for some market research or business information on restoration. I can't find anything but businesses. I think it's important to know your market, but I'm not in a position to pay a marketing firm.

Has anyone seen any good sites ABOUT the business?...
        11-04-2001, 06:05 AM
      • Ed_L
        Think About This!
        by Ed_L
        Movie theatres, florists, craft shops, cotton candy, art fairs, gift shops, Radio Shack, video stores. What do they have in common? They are all in direct competition with you for the expendable dollar. Now you have to put your thinking cap on. What can you do to get your fair share? I don't expect...
        08-11-2001, 12:51 PM
      Working...
      X