• Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Doug Nelson
    photo repair (not restoration)
    by Doug Nelson
    I get about an email a month asking for actual physical repair of a photo. I'd no idea there was actually an industry for this until Jim Conway posted.

So, let's discuss. Who's doing it? How's it done? What educational resources are there out there?
    11-20-2001, 01:20 PM
  • Ed_L
    Think About This!
    by Ed_L
    Movie theatres, florists, craft shops, cotton candy, art fairs, gift shops, Radio Shack, video stores. What do they have in common? They are all in direct competition with you for the expendable dollar. Now you have to put your thinking cap on. What can you do to get your fair share? I don't expect...
    08-11-2001, 11:51 AM
  • thomasgeorge
    What IS Archival
    by thomasgeorge
    Archival is a word which gets tossed around alot, yet seems to have a rather vague meaning. Especially when dealing with photographs, the word seems to have meanings and implications beyond the usual. For example, when we talk about Archiving a photo, are we concerned with preserving the original, or...
    12-31-2001, 05:16 PM
  • thomasgeorge
    Cleaning originals
    by thomasgeorge
    Regarding the cleaning of photographs...do you restrict this to only the gelatin prints or do you extend this to the albumin prints as well? It was my understanding based on a study done by Paul Messier and Timothy Vitale and reported in the Journal of the American Institute for Conservation, 1994 vol....
    01-20-2002, 04:41 PM
  • chiquitita
    Retouching / Restoring vs. Recreating
    by chiquitita
    I have noticed a trend on this site where some retouchers/restorers like to recreate missing information in a damaged photo. I thought I would start a thread to hear the members' thoughts on this subject.

Personally, beyond cloning a few objects, I like to leave the photograph as close...
    06-19-2002, 01:02 PM
Working...
X