Personalized Calendars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personalized Calendars

After finishing up the last of about 75 personalized calendars for customers, I got to wondering if anyone else has tapped into this cash flow generator. We scan and position a photo of the customers choice on the top half of a sheet of Heavyweight Matte paper, drop a 1 year calendar on the bottom and print. $3.00 for about 10 minutes work. $12.50 for a 12x18 size. About half were of the larger size. We dont include any restoration...just a quick tone/color adjustment. Might be worth trying this on some of your customers..these make good gifts and while they probably wont raise your income into a higher tax bracket, the advertising value is very real. Just a thought...Tom

Good idea Tom. Do you put your name anywhere on the calendar? If people have your name in front of them all year long, that isn't bad advertising.

Ed

Comment

The business name goes in small print on the left side just under the photo. Tom

Comment

I was wondering if you could attach a picture of this idea...I think this would make a great gift. Thanks for the idea
        Last edited by Jill; 12-22-2001, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Great idea Tom.
          DJ

Comment

Sure thing, Jill. Attached is a generic example. It doesnot show the outline of the paper very well, but the size is standard 8.5x11. Tom

Comment

It really turned out great Tom. I thought you meant the type calandar where you tear off all the pages of the month and the top was a picture of a family member. That's even better. Love the whole idea. I have come to realize that Christmas is a busy time in this business and that would be a perfect gift idea. Love this site for ideas and info.
              DJ

Comment

I was thinking that it was the tear off kind too, that is great and thank you for that idea! What a great picture

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Ed_L
                  How Do You Do It?
                  by Ed_L
                  What do you do (if anything) to keep in touch with your customers after the job is finished. I think it's important to keep your name in front of them because it's easier to keep old customers (word of mouth) than it is to get new ones. How often are you in contact with them?

Not to...
                  08-17-2001, 05:28 AM
                • Ed_L
                  Think About This!
                  by Ed_L
                  Movie theatres, florists, craft shops, cotton candy, art fairs, gift shops, Radio Shack, video stores. What do they have in common? They are all in direct competition with you for the expendable dollar. Now you have to put your thinking cap on. What can you do to get your fair share? I don't expect...
                  08-11-2001, 11:51 AM
                • kathleen
                  business name/copyright question
                  by kathleen
                  first, hello to my old friends here, and those i haven't "met" but feel i know all the same.

my question is, given the existence of corel photo-paint, would it be unlawful for me to use the word "photopainting" in a business name?

also, the modifier...
                  12-02-2002, 07:53 PM
                • Vikki
                  Booth ideas
                  by Vikki
                  Doug, I don't have any information for you, just another question.
                  But it's sort of on the same subject (actually I was going to start a thread when I saw yours).

Has anyone here done any displays for their work?
                  I'm thinking about setting up a booth at a local home show,...
                  10-07-2001, 12:58 PM
                • Doug Nelson
                  Does your business have a name?
                  by Doug Nelson
                  Assuming you're in business, does it have a catchy name? Mine doesn't I just use my own name, mostly because I've had so many other businesses with names, for me this is a departure.

What about a slogan? Mine's a real barn-burner "Fine Photo Restorations"
                  08-15-2001, 06:52 AM
                Working...
                X