Not just another new site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not just another new site

Well I thought it may draw people in to the thread.

www.curvedigital.co.uk has been redesigned and relaunched!

Check it out and leave comments, but be nice eh?

Noodles

Re: Not just another new site

Hello Noodles,

I visit your site and I must say it is beautifull.
    And also your retouche work is great.

Arnold

Comment

By far one of the best photographer's web site I've ever seen! Very sophisticated, uncluttered elegance of design creates striking impact. Who designed it and how much it cost? All I can say is WOW! Congratulations.
      Regards - Waldemar

Comment

nice layout and design.....but entirely too much clicking and waiting

Comment

I am sorry that your experience of our site was one of 'clicking and waiting', on my connection I don't seem to have to wait an unreasonable amount of time. What does everyone else think?

Also IMHO good things are worth waiting for, hehe

Comment

Noodles,

I have to say that I agree with Photo678 in that any client you are trying to draw to your website has to "click" on every aspect of the website. I would possibly suggest changing at least the "click & drag" portions (to show before and after) to a rollover. I would also recommend making the other photos of each series larger off the the sides. Right now they arewhite squares thaty you must click on first to see the preview image first.
            Just a thought. VERY professional-lookking website though. Great job!

Jennifer

Comment

All in all, a very sophisticated site, as far as a flash site goes. I totally agree with the other posters.. beautiful, uncluttered, nice layout and design, and professional..

Was going to try to keep it nice.. BUT, i figure that honesty should prevail... Soooo,

The sub menus... some words were hidden by my cursor and when I moved the cursor they disappeared before these old eyes and hands could get together to decide on what to select..
              I find the font size VERY small.. I was unable to change the font size so these same old eyes could read what is there, there was a very slight increase in font size when the screen was zoomed but remained very small..

The click-ability is lost at any screen size increase over 150% but even at +400% increase the site remained the same and I had to move close to the screen to read it...

If you want to showcase your work then why do you have the default picture set to the original instead of your fine work? If it were me I would reverse the order.. If people want to see the yucky original again then they can use the slider thing_a_ma_jigger

I also found the thumbnail size VERY small.. The little white roll-over squares to bring up the itty-bitty thumbnails could be moved to the left some to keep the roll-over out of wider pictures.. There is plenty of blank space under the LOGO that could be utilized as a place-mat area for larger thumbnails.. if located there they would not take space away from the small sized larger photos..

I hope you do not think I thought the site is bad.. quite the opposite... I like what I saw there.. just thought I would voice my .02 cents worth on these few items

Comment

I couldn't figure out the white squares and the thumbnails at all.It didn't work well in Firefox. I ended up just clicking at anything. The submenus were very confusing; they showed and then disappeared.

Comment

Beautiful, but sooooo slooooow

Comment

I have to agree nice looking site but even with my high speed cable it's slow and leaves you waiting for something to happe for a long time.

Comment

very very, very nice, your work is something worth waiting for.

Having said that, it would be so much nicer if it was a bit faster to load...

Again, great work!

MS

Comment

i actually love the whole "peel the original image out" thingy.

i want this too

Comment

nice site....the thumbnails are kinda small..but it loaded up quickly for me so no problems there on my end

Comment

great site my friend

loving the 'peel' - as for previous comments, the only way to show quality is to have, higher quality images on the site!

Comment