• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new website

hi,

my new website

www.lucubaghs.com

is up. Photography and retouching is done by me. Still so much to learn though. Want to try to focus solely on photography and handing over the files to a pro retoucher. Found enough talent on this website....

cheers
    Luc

Re: my new website

Luc, I like the design of your website and it is fast enough, BUT the first images - how can I say it? - look not so good, all you see is the lamp - not only competing with the modell, but stealing the show....the contrast on the underwear also does not look right, others are nice though. But it's just my impression.

Comment

hey,

thanks for taking the time to check out my website. Much appreciated. I both cases you refer to I tried something different. I always try to push myself and like to try something new. A look or style I haven't tried before. I guess sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But comments, good or bad, are always welcome.

Comment

WOW.... Really nice work... and I love how simple and easy your website is.. May I ask, was this a template or did you build this yourself.

LUV IT!!!

Comment

@ bdeephoto:

no template. My brother build it for me (html+CSS). Thanks for the compliments.

Comment

I think you need to edit out some photos
            Especially the models the lighting on some is to hot and others just blowing out the highlights
            your personal photos the corners are black ,like your lens did not have enough covering power

if you want to sell work less is more only have your most fantastic images out there
            remember competition is very tough and you might not get a second chance with someone

just my opinion

Comment

@ zganie: Merci, for your comments.

on which photos would the light be too hot? As I doubt the light is too hot.

Yes, the photos in the personal sector have strong vignetting. This is characteristic of the Holga camera. A cheap plastic camera, which gives strong vignetting and unsharp images especially in the corners.

Comment

Hello,
                Great site(your brother did a great job) and photos.
                But I would considers some changes on fashion photo picks as its loading as a main gallery
                starting with second and third photo becouse you have better ones... but this is only my opinion and taste
                Greets

Comment

Fashion page 3) 1,2,4 and 5
                  fashion page 4)8

as far as your personal section goes it does not say about the holga
                  1)were they all shot with the holga
                  2)if not group them seperately
                  just looking one would not know that

Comment

For the most part, I think many of your photographs certainly have merit, however, in the process of advertising your site you could have improved / prepared some of the images for "first impression", which is the bottom line. By this I'm saying simple photo enhancement/manipulation could have made an extreme difference in how one sees your photography as a whole. I realize you mentioned having someone retouch your images, but unfortunately "most" people look at the end result, not the possibilities. Anyway . . . you have a good eye for capturing images, some good as is, others which could certainly be enhanced to be outstanding.

Comment

Thanks everyone for their input. Much appreciated. Will take the suggestions with me when I update the website.

Comment