Frontpage alternatives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frontpage alternatives

HI! this is the place for software questions right? SO i will ask is there a software thaat is like microsoft frontpage? What i mean is that is there a software that is wysiwyg and generates the html code at the same time? Cuz i am searching for it in internet and sees none like it. Thanks for the time spent in reading my post.

Hi Garfield,

you can find a number of freeware WYSIWYG HTML editors on this page here

- David

Comment

Netobjects Fusion is probably the most WYSIWYG html editor available. If you use a lot of images, Adobe Golive is a good candidate (it's what I use for this site). The defacto editor of choice nowadays is Macromedia Dreamweaver. Most full-featured editors offer visual editing today, but be aware that with web pages it's usually a tail-chase, and that there's no such thing as true WYSIWYG.
      Learn by teaching
      Take responsibility for learning

Comment

i know that dreamweaver is the best editor but my friend has low memory and u know that macromedia dreamweaver is also a memory pig just like adobe golive also, so my friend cant use it, ok i'll try to find some on the given link. thanks btw. personally, i dont like dreamweaver also, except the server side and database managaemnt that comes with IT. its not too great at all imho.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• jeaniesa
          Java & PHP
          by jeaniesa
          Quote below from this post:Thanks for that info David. (I've broken this discussion off to create a new thread so I can ask more questions without going to far out on a tangent in the other thread.)

I've been a little worried about Java b/c of the browser issues, but then I wonder whether...
          01-16-2003, 03:36 PM
        • platscha@cs.com
          PS 7 update
          by [email protected]

There is a update 7.01 for photoshop but alot of people, myself included, cannot get it to download. I called adobe and apparently, even though I bought my software from Frys, a large computer store, my software has a ID that adobe says is pirated software. They are very nice and will...
          08-24-2002, 02:53 AM
        • Doug Nelson
          Ads in commercial software
          by Doug Nelson
          I'd like to get some opinions. I recently installed a commercial software app (not shareware) that periodically (a couple of times a week or more) will pop up a window within its workspace promoting other things to buy from that same vendor. It's not big, probably only about 10% of the workspace, and...
          Ads don't bother me.
          2.22%
          Ads bother me, but I'd still use the software.
          22.22%
          Ads bother me a lot, and I'd use the software less, or buy an alternative.
          75.56%
          I like ads. They provide valuable information.
          0.00%
          06-22-2005, 02:37 AM
        • Doug Nelson
          web authoring software
          by Doug Nelson
          By paulette conlan on Saturday, August 04, 2001 - 07:00 pm:

Any recommendations on any inexpensive(<$100),intuitive web authoring software.I want to set up a basic webpage with a few links for a group that I'm active with.My priority is concentrating on learning my imaging software...
          08-08-2001, 12:23 PM
        • garfield
          Javascript program
          by garfield
          HI! i would like to ask if you know of any software or html editor that comes with javascript completion. for example suppose someone types window then there will appear some dialog that has location, status, alert etc on display, which are all methods of javascript. if you know of any program that...
          12-01-2002, 03:13 AM
        Working...
        X