PHP?? (HTML preprocessor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP?? (HTML preprocessor)

I seem to recall a bit of discussion about PHP earlier - anybody using it??

I'm just getting started - if you know anything that can keep me out of the weeds, please share

Take care, Margaret

This forum is all PHP, as is our Gallery, links database, and review section. More to come
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

I thought it was! - you mean if I study hard, I'll be able to do something like this?

Do you use MySQL or some other database??

I've got my web site all set up with SSI's which makes it easy to maintain, but slow to load and still requires someone (me?) to update the pages. I'd like to make it so my son and his staff can maintain it themselves - I'm thinking PHP is the way to update content and that will leave me to push the pixels around to make it show up on the page.

Take care, Margaret

Comment

I couldn't do something like this by myself if I studied the rest of my life It's all written by someone else, then customized by me to look like they all belong together (sort of).

PHP is designed to work with mySQL, and yes, this is all mySQL. This post is really just a field in a database that gets called when you view it and only then is the page actually generated.
        Learn by teaching
        Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Thanks Doug, I thought it was probably mySQL.

Give yourself credit, I've looked at some of the the content management applications that are available and installing them and getting them working is a daunting task.

PHP code looks easy enough, I hope I can pull it off

Margaret

Comment

Working...
          X