Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call for Design Entries

ABOUT

The Bellwether Effect: At the Forefront of Design is an exhibition open to all types of designers living or working within Santa Barbara, Ventura, and San Luis Obispo counties and is intended to illuminate the diverse array of innovative, imaginative designs created in the Tri-County area while also highlighting the impact of design on our material and visual culture. The best designs will be selected for a group exhibition at the Santa Barbara Contemporary Arts Forum (CAF). The word bellwether connotes the existence or direction of a trend; so too will the designs featured in this dynamic group exhibition.

The Bellwether Effect: At the Forefront of Design is a program intended to encourage creatives from the local community to exhibit their designs in relation to the alternative arts context of CAF. This exhibition aims to illuminate the diverse array of innovative, imaginative designs produced in the Tri-County area. Entries are sought from design students as well as experienced designers.

WE ARE LOOKING FOR EXAMPLES OF

Environment: architecture and interior design, and accessories, etc.
    Electronics: consumer electronics, computers, ubiquitous, etc.
    Fashion: clothes, footwear, jewelry, watches, accessories, etc.
    Furniture: home and office furniture, decoration, fixtures, lighting, etc.
    Illustration: posters, brochures, catalogues, book graphics, etc.
    Interface: graphics for websites, electronics, and software, etc.
    Mobile: all kind of vehicles, aircrafts, ships, bicycles, and parts, etc.
    Things: other things for home, business, leisure, sports, travel, etc.

DEADLINES
    December 28, 2007: Deadline for Early Submittals (All digital files uploaded to server & submitted)
    February 15, 2008: Deadline for Submittals (All digital files uploaded to server & submitted)
    February 22, 2008: Panel meets
    March 3, 2008: Winning selections confirmed and designers notified
    May 31, 2008 - August 10, 2008: The Bellwether Effect: At the Forefront of Design Exhibition Runs

FOR MORE INFO VISIT
    http://www.bellwether-effect.org