No announcement yet.

RetouchPro get together ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in the same boat as you Legacy! It would be fantastic to meet up with RetouchPro friends for certain and I wish you all well in your endeavours to get together. I like the montage idea for those not "present" on the date.

Comment

Neve...

We shall all have to go in Yahoo chat rooms or something and chat while they go and meet up...lol!

Comment

Hmm i would really like to meet up. But i have a 12 hour flight just to get to the us..
        so if i can get the money i need alot of other things to fit together
        i would proberply whant to get to New Tork to shoot alot on location model/fashion shots and so on. But my ps skills would really benefit from it, im sure.
        So it all depends on a; can i get the money and b; can i get all the other things like place to stay and so on to fit.
        Combined with a conferense about ps would be cool, but maybe also complicatet.

/Lasse

Comment

Just curious " How many Uk folk are members here? " We could have a UK meet up for british people if anyones intrested! Flights to the states will be costly to those who cannot afford a ticket,

Regards Barry.

Comment

Oh yes while on the idea of a meet up I can with ease upload a small mirc script for a server on my website, If every one loads it, I shall make it auto take you to #retropro channel. I am a member of starchat.net and can easy create a members room Anyone intrested ?

Comment

Well i think you should all live alittle and get yourselves over to england and come see me, i got a big house!

Comment

And a quick detour through Germany on the way!

Tyler

Comment

idea?

Reading through the posts i had a idea ( oh no must stop it ) As the logistics of everyone getting together is a bit hard,
                  So on a given date (or maybe a week ) everyone takes a photo (Say outside ) and posts and then try to make a montage of the photo's which because of the size would have to be split into groups say moderators as one senior members as another etc etc or even countries
                  What do you think ? maybe some one could set it up ?

Comment

Thats a fab idea Palms! So where in england are you?

Comment

But most photographers or artists hate having their picture taken, so do you want picture of us or the front door? hehe

Comment

well LA i am in sunny (although not today) Birmingham right by the airport,
                        Funny i never thought about all photographers and artists disliking pictures of themselves, but that is mainly why i started taking the photo's myself only problem being it dosen't look as if i ever go to any functions etc. But surely being able to retouch photo's we could bypass the problems? Like i would make myself thinner, younger etc
                        But i do think the front door option could be very interesting in a nosey sort of way.

Comment

Originally posted by palms1
                          sunny Birmingham

Sure changed a lot then.
                          As I remember the sun was something we saw in pictures.

Mind you, after a few months of drought around here, I do miss the rain!

Comment

no problem i'll send some over

Comment

hey ... britain isn't that far away from Germany =) hehe

Comment

Just my 2 cents

Chicago is great for me, and I voted YES

Comment