Operating system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operating system

Just though it would be interesting to see what operating system everybody is using. right now I'm using Windows XP, but I plan to start dual booting with Linux in a few months.

- David
    Windows
    65.38%
    Macintosh
    25.64%
    Linux
    2.56%
    Other (specify)
    0.00%
    More than one (specify which ones)
    6.41%

I've always be on Windows. There is another poll on the forum along these same lines. You might want to check out here
    I don't want to discourage you from starting threads because we thrive on them but I thought you might want to know.
    DJ

Comment

oops

Ooops,
      I forgot to check before I posted. sorry,

- David

Comment

Don't feel bad. You're not the only one. Alot of those older threads get overlooked and it's an easy thing to do. Keep on posting, that's the main thing.
        DJ

Comment

I'm still using Win98SE as all my equipment works well with it and after kicking the RAM up to 512 it seldom gives me any trouble. Seems as though that the more RAM I use the smoother and more trouble free everything operates. Tom

Comment

With Apple Computer introducing the Intel chip riding on Apple Software the "Which Operating System do you use" question is now valid. Apparently you will now be able to run Microsoft OS on Apple Hardware.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• d_kendal
              I can't take any more of XP!!
              by d_kendal
              I've really had it with windows (and it's not because
              I'm inexperienced - I've used 3.1, 95, 98, and XP) I've had sooo many problems and it hasn't really helped deleting everything and reloading Windows, so I give up. I'm very soon switching to Linux (Mandrake 8.2).
              When I first bought...
              03-27-2002, 03:13 PM
            • KevinBE
              Xp Fyi
              by KevinBE
              While we are on the subject of I/O cache, that JAZ mentioned in another thread. Microsoft by default enables potentially dangerous feature in Windows XP. I thought I would mention it in case there may be some of you not aware of it. I know it caught me by surprise to learn that Microsoft thinks it...
              12-20-2002, 04:22 PM
            • i.ilievski
              Windows XP crashing constantly
              by i.ilievski
              HI...

My operating system is crushing constantly for the past few months, and I'm always receiving the following error:

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt : \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

I've tried everything, read...
              11-26-2007, 12:46 PM
            • jeaniesa
              Win2K vs WinXP
              by jeaniesa
              Well, after planning for months to upgrade to Windows XP (from Win 98), I decided to double check that there are drivers for all of my peripherals. As it turns out, there is NOT a driver for my Minolta film scanner - and when I called Minolta support about this, I was informed that there would nev...
              05-09-2002, 08:31 PM
            • gblount
              New Computer W/xp Problems
              by gblount
              I just purchased a new HP comp running Windows XP. After loading my software including PS Elements and Norton System Works, Elements is just not working properly.

So far I have found that when cropping, the crop lines jump large spaces during adjustment, when I click the print command,...
              10-31-2002, 02:34 PM
            Working...
            X