Pre-order Photoshop 7.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-order Photoshop 7.0

Quite some time ago I asked Adobe to let me know when they would be taking orders for Photoshop 7.0, even though I'm not sure I'll be ordering it. A few days ago I received an e-mail from them saying that they are now taking pre-orders, and they had a special offer for a limited time. The message somehow got deleted, and I'm not sure *exactly* what they offered. I know they gave me a code number to mention (which I no longer have) if I ordered. The offer included (if I'm not mistaken) a training CD and a book of tips and tricks for 7.0. Did anyone else get the e-mail, and if so, exactly what was it that they offered? Is that deal available through Amazon.com?

Thanks,
    Ed

I haven't gotten any e-mail from them as of yet. But have you tried contacting them via their website or by phone? They could tell you of the offer and any details on it. Not all offers are available through different outlets, it usually depends on whether or not the company selling participates in the incentive program and that you would have to find out by contacting Amazon directly. I remember last year when I bought version 6, there was a training CD offered through some places that Amazon didn't offer so I ended up getting it at the place with the CD offer because the price was better and the deal was just too good to pass up. Let us know what you find out Ed.
    DJ

Comment

I called Adobe yesterday, but the guy I talked with didn't really seem to know much. I think the e-mail offered more than he could, but I could be wrong about that.

Ed

Comment

I've read that the pre-ordered version from Adobe comes with a training CDROM and Kelby's "Down and dirty secrets for Photoshop 7". I've heard, not from Adobe, that if you buy it anywhere else you get the training cd, but not the book.
        Learn by teaching
        Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Thanks Doug. That is my understanding after talking with customer service tonight.

Ed

Comment

What's the going rate for PS7 in the US ? I've just checked Amazon over here and their pre order price is the equivalent of $755. Plus carriage of course !!!
            Last edited by chris h; 03-24-2002, 03:34 AM.

Comment

The Adobe site lists it as $609.00 for shipment to the U.S. The upgrade version is $149.00. After checking it out, I'm thinking..... more RAM and larger and faster hard drives. I hope I'm wrong on that.

Ed

Comment

I thought you'd upgraded your machine recently Ed or did you not upgrade it enough !!!

Comment

Yeah, I did. But I could still use more ram. I only have 256 megs. Other than that, I should be okay for a while.

Ed

Comment

Ed, You've probably already got the answers you need, but I got this ad in the mail today. The "code" is probably the same as was in the e-mail you received. -Jeanie
                    Attached Files

Comment

That's it Jeanie. Many thanks.

Ed

Comment

Yup, I just got mine in the mail today also. Same exact one.
                        DJ

Comment

Working...
                        X