Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something To Think About

By Ed Ladendorf on Wednesday, August 01, 2001 - 01:04 pm:

After making a donation to RetouchPro, I received a message from Amazon.com telling me that the charge to my debit card had been refused by the bank, and I could either contact the bank or enter another card number. Since my wife's card number was already on file at Amazon, I decided to use it, initially. I went back to the site, and entered my card (not hers), and the donation went through. But I kept wondering why the first attempt didn't make it. Then I realized that my wife's billfold had recently been stolen, and she called to stop further payments on her card. She was issued a new card, but failed to update the information at Amazon.com. So if any of you have cards on file somewhere but they're no longer valid, now's a good time to make the necessary changes. That's my good deed for the day .

Ed

By Doug Nelson on Wednesday, August 01, 2001 - 02:27 pm:

That's TWO good deeds
    (donation and tip)
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Food for Thought

Thought I would share with you all a quote I recently stumbled upon:

"Image quality is not the product of a machine, but of the person who directs the machine, and there are no limits to imagination and expression." --Ansel Adams

I printed it out and taped it to the bottom of my monitor--just as a reminder.

Amanda

Comment

Mine says:

"Happiness is as a butterfly, which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you"

Nathaniel Hawthorn
      Learn by teaching
      Take responsibility for learning

Comment

That's a good one too--Doug I like it lots.

Man--you are one deep dude!

Amanda

Comment

amanda,

yours reminds me of duke ellington's: "if it sounds good, it is good". DJ has mentioned a visual variant of that.

and doug, i was afraid yours was going to turn out to be that one about it you love something turn it loose and if it comes back yada yada shoot it. i'm glad it wasn't, much nicer indeed.

what is heul?

Comment