Another cat story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lisa,
    It must have been down because I got the same results but I was able to get on it now.

BigAl,
    I almost wish I still had cats just to find out how well it works.
    DJ

Comment

"a software utility that helps protect your computer from cats. It quickly detects and blocks cat typing, and also helps train your cat to stay off the computer keyboard. "

"When a cat does activate the software, regular computer function can be reinstated by clicking on a large button or by typing "human." The product won't need an upgrade unless cats learn to type. "

What a hoot! BigAl -- thanks for the link!

Comment

Cat Lover

Hi all,
        Just had to send a note on this topic. I have 2 cats - Woody and Archie. Woody thinks he is a person - I am convinced! Archie should have been the velveteen rabbit. He sits up on his haunches when he want your attention...looks just like a little bunny.

Woody comes to work with me every day (in my home office). Most of the time he sleeps on my desk (hard to use the darn thing)..and otherwise he sits on the back of my chair while I am on the computer.

Check it out in the attached photo. He is a real character!

Barb Kessling/ccdesktop
        Attached Files

Comment

Barb, Woody is a handsome fella! I'm sure that he is helping you keep your correct posture by making it impossible for you to lean back in your chair. Such a helpful guy!

My newest cat addition is an orange tabby. He sits in my other computer chair and doesn't help me with my posture -- maybe I'll show him Woody's picture...

Comment

A friend sent the following picture entitled "find the hidden bird". I think he looks like Woody!

I have to tell you, it puts a little smile on my face each day. I now use this as my desktop wallpaper.

Also, for the dog/cat lovers, read on....
            NOTES FROM A DOG'S DIARY

Day number 180

8:00 am - OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE!

9:30 am - OH BOY! A CAR RIDE! MY FAVORITE!

9:40 am - OH BOY! A WALK! MY FAVORITE!

10:30 am - OH BOY! A CAR RIDE! MY FAVORITE!

11:30 am - OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE!

12:00 noon - OH BOY! THE KIDS! MY FAVORITE!

1:00 pm - OH BOY! THE YARD! MY FAVORITE!

4:00 pm - OH BOY! THE KIDS! MY FAVORITE!

5:00 PM - OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE!

5:30 PM - OH BOY! MOM! MY FAVORITE!

Day number 181

Day number 182

1:30 pm - ooooooo. bath. bummer.

NOTES FROM A CAT'S DIARY

DAY 752

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects.

They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry cereal.

The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the mild

satisfaction I get from ruining the occasional piece of furniture.

Tomorrow I may eat another houseplant.

DAY 761

Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet

While they were walking almost succeeded, must try this at the top of the

stairs. In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors,

I once again induced myself to vomit on their favorite chair...must

try this on their bed.

DAY 765

Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body, in attempt

To make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to strike fear

into their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good

Little cat I was...Hmmm. Not working according to plan.

DAY 768

I am finally aware of how sadistic they are. For no good reason I was

chosen for the water torture. This time however it included burning foamy

chemical called "shampoo." What sick minds could invent such a liquid.

My only consolation is the piece of thumb still stuck between my teeth.

DAY 771

There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed

in solitary throughout the event. However, I could hear the noise and

smell the foul odor of the glass tubes they call "beer". More importantly

I overheard that my confinement was due to MY power of "allergies."

Must learn what this is and how to use it to my advantage.

DAY 774

I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches.

The dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is

obviously a half-wit. The bird on the other hand has got to be an informant,

and speaks with them regularly. I am certain he reports my every move.

Due to his current placement in the metal room his safety is assured.

But I can wait, it is only a matter of time...
            Attached Files

Comment

The "Notes from a cat's diary" is my favorite piece about cats -- it describes the inner mind-workings of several cats that I have been blessed to live with, including one of my current roomies, Cupcakes. Cupcakes loves me dearly, but has been attempting to assassinate me daily for years by walking in front of me at just the wrong time. She understands geometry or trig (whichever) -- when I start walking one direction and she is across the room, she starts walking at an angle that will bring her exactly in front of my feet.

Cupcakes came through the pet-door once with just the tail of an Inca dove sticking straight out in front of her - I was able to extricate the live bird and release it without a scratch. (although I've since learned that the pasteurella bacteria in a cat's mouth might have killed the bird without it receiving antibiotics.)

I love the "dog diary" also -- it's so true. I love living with both dogs and cats together because of their differences... watching the cats think caustic remarks while the dogs are bouncing around gleefully because I'm back in the room after being gone for 60 seconds...

Comment

Barb
                Looks like Woody gives you a nice little head rest.

Lisa
                That was so funny. I loved it.
                DJ

Comment

Barb - It's interesting how each cat seems to have its own very unique personality. nice cat!

Lisa - Thats hilarious! thats exactly what I'd imagine cats and dogs are thinking. the picture is great!

- David

Comment

Hidden Bird

Lisa - the diaries are great, but that photo is hilarious!!

Thanks for the smile this morning!

Woody send his regards.

Barb Kessling

P.S.
                    Sending a photo of Archie, didn't want him to be left out.
                    Attached Files

Comment

How sweet. Great shot. Archie color co-ordinates with your furniture. I thought I would attach a picture of my black devil Shadow. It made an interesting artistic picture. I saw her sitting in the sunlight and noticed the shadow she cast infront of her. So... it's entitled "Shadow's shadow". I made the image greyscale and hand colored her eyes. Kind of makes Shadow look like a panther, but she's real pussycat
                      Attached Files

Comment

Barb - I love that picture of your cat on the back of your chair. I don't have to deal with a cat on the back of my chair, but Kira likes to climb into my lap and rest her head against my left arm - making it very difficult to type! (And of course, I don't want to disturb her! ) And keeping my legs level so that she doesn't fall off is not too great as far as ergonomics go!

This same cat likes to climb on the back of my husband's chair (only while he's sitting in it) and stand so that her back legs are on the chair back and her front legs are on his shoulder - then starts licking his head (i.e., giving his head a "bath". )

Lisa - I love that picture - had me chuckling all morning.

Jeanie

Comment

Lisa your Shadow looks just like my Missy. Sorry my pic is so small

It's interesting that everyone's pets help for posture My other kitty Dimple does exactly the same as Jeanie's Kira, but I have the additional problem of my German Shepherd sleeping at my feet, so I can't move my chair forward under the desk. This means I'm probably leaning forward at a worse angle than Barb with her Woody headrest.
                          BigAl
                          Last edited by BigAl; 04-23-2002, 06:04 AM.

Comment

great photo Al! looks like your cat is having lots of fun.

- David

Comment

BigAl, it looks like Missy has a cat's favorite toy -- a paper sack. Looks like she's gotten it just like she wants it -- with some proper peekaboo holes to use to see who's watching her be adorable while playing.

Hmmm, reminds me, my cats haven't had a paper sack to play with in a while (plastic just isn't as much fun, as well as being dangerous) -- have to go to the grocery store...

Comment

Did you ever try a ball of tin foil? Mine loved batting that around. Cats are great for finding cheap toys around the house.
                                DJ

Comment

Working...
                                X