A How-To thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A How-To thread?

This is something I wouldn't feel comfortable with, but I think it would be worthwhile (especially for dummies like me) . If someone would like to take the lead, feel free to do so. Here's the deal -- start a thread on anything to do with downloading tutorials, actions, plug-ins, or whatever. You might indicate which downloaded items will be compatible with certain versions of Photoshop or another program (if you know). You could explain step-by-step how to download, and what to do with the file after it is downloaded. We've had a few threads where people have had trouble getting something to work with their programs. If file extensions are important, that might also be noted. The thread should go in the software forum.

Ed

Ed...

Conceptually I don't have a problem with your 'what if.'

Would what you're proposing be specific to "downloads" only? If so, in general or from retouchpro.com only?

Seems like individual threads in the PS Q&A forum would be a possibility, too, e.g.:

DOWNLOADS: Actions
    DOWNLOADS: Brushes
    DOWNLOADS: Challenges
    DOWNLOADS: Plugins

...etc...

My .02...haven't had coffee yet this a.m.

Danny

Comment

Hi Danny. You name it. If it fits in the forum, it's fair game. I'm not sure about everyone else, but I can use all the help I can get when it comes to this type of thing. And don't sweat the coffee, as I've had enough for both of us.

Ed

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Ed_L
        Make it a little easier
        Ed_L
        by Ed_L
        Maybe I'm the only one who is not very organized on the site. There are times when I download tutorials and tips or techniques, then I forget about them, or I forget how to find them. So I was thinking there has to be a better way! If I make a new folder called "Images", I should be able to...
        12-12-2004, 01:43 PM
      • Vikki
        For those who love to use Actions
        Vikki
        by Vikki
        I have not used this, but I thought some people might like it. Common photographic techniques are packed into ready to use actions.
        Although I don't think any one action can work for every image, these would be a good way to learn the steps involved for correcting specific problems.
        06-05-2004, 10:07 AM
      • visnew
        Virus / Spyware in plugins or actions
        visnew
        by visnew
        Hi:

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place, but since the previous "Virus" thread was posted here, I thought it was best not to change.

In the original thread, Gary warned us not to download stuff from unknown or dangerous sites. However, I'm wondering...
        05-15-2008, 03:42 PM
      • Doug Nelson
        Free actions, scripts, and brushes
        Doug Nelson
        Janitor
        by Doug Nelson
        We have a new Resources section where you can upload your favorite actions, brushes and scripts (and download, of course, once we get an initial inventory going). They don't have to be created by you, just as long as they're relevant and that sharing doesn't violate any sort of license (ie: they're...
        01-14-2005, 05:34 AM
      • Craig Walters
        Geometrics, Shapes, and Designs!
        Craig Walters
        by Craig Walters
        since we have a 'mosaics' thread, and since i just found a new plugin (well, new to me. the xero plugins that danny referenced in another thread), i thought i'd post a recent example of that plugin and start a new thread with it. this is actually a very common theme for 'art' and yet i've not seen one...
        01-10-2006, 11:55 PM
      Working...
      X