No announcement yet.

Bed Making 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had company that just left. One of the people was another nurse that my wife used to work with. While neither of them are doctors, they did suggest that I might try a splint also. Can't hurt, so I think I'll give it a try. Thanks everyone for the replies.

Jeanie, it's not important to find out how long it took. I think I'll be able to get by pretty well even if it takes a while.

Ed

Comment

Hi, Ed! How's your finger look and feel today?
      Have you splinted it yet?
      Have you sued the sheet manufacturer for the damage to your photo restoration finger yet?

Comment

Hi CJ,

It's basically the same as it was before. I put a splint on it yesterday morning. But I'm the type of guy who has to be doing something most of the time. So I was building a trellis for our tomato plants today, and it bothered me to have it on. So off it came. I'll probably see the doc next week. Still no pain. Thanks for asking. I can't believe all the responses there were to this thread! I thought it was odd that something like that could happen from making a bed, and thought someone would get a laugh out of it.

Ed

Comment

I like the chiropractor idea.... just for an evaluation at least... should be at least something that one would recognize... .. hope it gets better.. I pinched a nerve or something once.. by sleeping on my hand... my right hand... and it never moved for over two months .. just stayed retracted...
          guess it might not relate as there was no snap such as you heard.. but chiropractors are more reasonable aren't they ... for guidence ?
          hope it works out
          RonDon

Comment

Thanks RonDon. I'm not worried about it. If it stayed like it is for the rest of my life, it wouldn't be anything much to complain about.

Ed

Comment

Hi Ed!

just to let you know that I'm sorry about your finger and to send you best wishes of a complete recovery from the other side of the world as well!

P.S.....You could ask your wife to "kiss the problem away".....I always did it with my children..... (only kidding....)...

Comment

Thanks Flora. I asked her. She said "No".

Ed

Comment

lol Ron great idea!

Comment

Ohhh, Ed,.....life can be so hard....but I'm sure you'll be very brave!....

Joking aside....I really wish you all the best!

Comment

of course your friends a RTP have their own treatment for it..RonDon
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hey, that was great Doc! I didn't feel a thing.

Ed

Comment

Let this be a lesson to you Ed. If you had taken notice of 'Regards from' you would have realised domestic tasks are dangerous and best left to the staff. This bed changing business I always change the straw every 6 months !

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by fugitive
                            [B]don't listen to Lisa, she'll have you shooting up and smoking stink weed.]

Really?......Hmmm I think my finger may be broke.

Steve

Comment

So Ed, how's the finger coming along? Getting any straighter yet? Inquiring minds like to know.
                              DJ

Comment

I went to the doctor the day before yesterday. He told me they could fix that with no problem. When I asked him what we do now (thinking of a splint or yanking it back into place), he said I need to see an orthapedic surgeon . One of the tendons in my finger was torn in half, and that's why I can't straighten the finger out. I told him that with no insurance, that's out of the question, and it doesn't bother me much anyhow. He said that a lot of people go through life like that when it happens because it's no big deal. If I want to have it repaired later on, that's always an option, and there's no hurry.

Ed

Comment