New Search Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Search Engine

From time to time there have been posts on RP about searching the web and also questions about where to find information. Well I came across this beta search engine that is different in its approach. It is called "ZUULA". I like to think of its approach as "tab searching".

From its "About" page comes the following description " With Zuula, it is quick and convenient to get results from all the top search engines. Search engines often return very different results for the same terms. So checking multiple search engines will give you the best results, and Zuula makes it easy. Currently, Zuula offers Web, Image, News, Blog, and Job searches."

This is not a MetaSearch engine.

Each search tool has its own tab and from one page you can search and compare results from various search tools. Some of the tools include (web) Google, Yahoo, Gigablast. Images searches include Flickr and Picsearch. Other tools for news, blogs and jobs include Topix, Technorati, Feedster , Monster, Careerbuilder ---just to name a few.

One Stop searching

http://www.zuula.com/
    Last edited by PeteyB; 05-09-2007, 07:50 AM. Reason: Forgot link

Re: New Search Engine

Really cool! Thanks for the link.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• BigAl
      Search engine
      by BigAl
      Doug, couldn't you get Google to act as the site search engine? The university I work for uses it very successfully. The 4 letter minimum word length on RP's search engine is really irritating.
      02-13-2003, 11:31 PM
    • Doug Nelson
      Google is approaching useless
      by Doug Nelson
      With too many companies gaming google, it's getting to be near useless, particularly if you're looking for anything software-related. Try searching for a type of software, as opposed to a specific title, and you're inundated with useless sites touting "best X" or "top 5 X".
      02-25-2007, 01:13 PM
    • Doug Nelson
      Google - Froogle = Useful
      by Doug Nelson
      While searching for Challenge images I was reminded of one of my most common gripes about the web: you can't research anything without wading through thousands of sites trying to sell you want you're researching.

But, now that Google has released Froogle.com, couldn't somebody make an...
      06-03-2003, 12:03 AM
    • BigAl
      Searching RetouchPro
      by BigAl
      Doug, as there are quite a few duplicate requests for info, is there any chance of getting the author of the BB s/w to include a phrase search capability? ANDing doesn't work all that well.
      11-11-2002, 12:02 AM
    • DannyRaphael
      (OT) Search Engine: Clusty.com
      by DannyRaphael
      PhotoFixer turned me onto this little jewel...

http://cluster.clusty.com/

I like how it organizes similar items in the left margin in folders.
      10-02-2004, 05:34 PM
    Working...
    X