Hello! I'm new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello! I'm new

Just found this site and the name intrigued me. I try, with what little I know, to restore/improve some old family snapshots and then make layouts the digital way. Wanted to leave a little love for my family. I'm in the "senior" bracket, agewise, and am a full-time caregiver to my invalid younger sister. Finding digital scrapbooking has been a lifesaver for me. I hope to learn a lot from the group; I'm afraid I can't contribute much though, at least not yet. Thanks for allowing me in your group. Beverly

Re: Hello! I'm new

Hi Beverly,

Welcome to RetouchPro.

Lots of amateurs here so don't be put off by the Pro bit in the title.

I think lots of us got into this by wanting to restore or improve old family photos, and a great many of us are not in the first flush of youth any more.

There's forums here for all sorts of photo improvement and interpretation and you might be interested in looking round them and finding which ones peak your interest.

Don't worry about contributing right away, many just come here to look and learn. Of course when/if you do contribute, you'll find you get so much more from the site.

Most here are friendly and helpful, so don't be shy about posting.

Look forward to seeing you round the forums.

Comment

Re: Hello! I'm new

Welcome aboard.

As someone in your age range I can report that I'm a "Retouch Interested Party" with no aspirations of going 'pro,' but have sure learned a lot during my time here. Always something new to learn. Keeps the braincells working.

Have fun. Ask questions. It's all good.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• BH Photo/Art
        Hello all, new here
        by BH Photo/Art
        Hello, My name is Lee. I am 41. I just joined the forum. I have been doing photography as a hobby since I was in high school, and also working with photos digitally for about 10 years. I have many friends come to me to fix up pictures. I have used many different programs, but am starting to think I...
        04-23-2007, 02:11 PM
      • norsiha
        Hello.. i`m new here..
        by norsiha
        Hi~ my name was norsiha.. i`m from singapore..

i`m new in retouchpro community.. hope u guys can lead me in this photography retouch manner..
        07-18-2007, 12:25 AM
      • KevinBreck
        New to RTPro and a Warm Hello
        by KevinBreck
        It's been a while since I've participated in any forum, years actually so forgive me if I'm a little rusty.

For the past 18 yrs I have been involved with photographic reproduction in one form or another, most of that time was as a drum scanner operator and during the internet IPO boom...
        12-30-2004, 03:06 PM
      • hypnomedi
        Hello ALL
        by hypnomedi
        Hi all!

Even while my main occupation is restore,retouch and manipulating pictures,
        and I sometimes saw the site when surfing the net.
        It never came into my mind of joining.
        Since a few month I purchased a Nikon D80 because I am
        also very interested in photographic...
        06-27-2007, 09:51 AM
      • Gobsmacked
        Intro.
        by Gobsmacked
        I've been browsing the site and I've watched the Tour . The first thing that struck me was how young and talented every body is . I came to Digital very late in life and Photoshop even later . I'm hoping there is a place for me on here , although I'm in awe of all the marvelous stuff you guys produce...
        01-11-2009, 07:36 AM
      Working...
      X