Some like it Hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some like it Hot

About 10 minutes ago I was online at Retouch Pro and I innocently rubbed my eyes. It didn't take long before the burning started and by the time I ran into the kitchen for some help I couldn't even open my eyes. Wow, talk about on fire. After several intense minutes at the sink I recalled that I picked up my husbands tootpick after dinner that he used to apply hot sauce on his meal. Even though I washed my hands there was still some residue there I guess. OH boy what a nasty suprise.

Now Dave loves things hot. The hotter the better. He could drink Tabascco with out blinking an eye. He orders his Buffalo wings with the hottest sauce they can make. So a friend of ours found this incrediblly hot sauce which just happens to be called DAVE'S Insanity Sauce and gave it as a gag gift to my husband. It's labeled the hottest sauce in the universe. He can barely tolerate putting a few drops on his meal, it is sooo hot. There is a warning on the label not to use more than a couple drops and at first I thought that was a gimic. It's real. If any of you out there like it hot and I mean ON FIRE hot this is the sauce for you. I found a website on the bottle and thought some of you might like to check it out. You can visit the site
    here.
    DJ

If it don't make your eyes water, your nose run, and your throat constrict - in my book it ain't no good at all.

I had someone give me some Habañero hot sauce on my birthday once as a gag gift too. I loved it, but it was still pretty tame in my book. Their site doesn't say what's in the Insanity Sauce. What kind of peppers is it made from?

No matter, if it's THAT hot - I WANT that hot sauce!

Comment

I love tabassco ... if for nothing else the flavor and smell... so over the years have bought various hot peppers for chili's and such....
      be warned of that little small comquat sized green one that looks inocently enough like a very small green tomato..
      it's enough to make a buzzard sweat..might be your sauce comes from this little gem.
      does wonders for the chili ... at 3.99 @lb or so... you only want 5 cents worth..

anyway.. dry them tears and get back to work...

Comment

I'm familiar with "insanity sauce". One time I put a couple of drops on my tongue. BIG mistake! It's a wonder you have any eyes left at all! It makes my eyes water just to think about it. I like mine pretty hot too, but that stuff is unreal.

Ed

Comment

odd Jakaleena that you should use the same icon..
          we were typing a response at the same time....
          by chance were you piping music to your son and daughter in law at the same time..? I was... loredo... one little kiss and felena goodbye.. oh well

love playing music to those two... they are so happy... but I am with you... many foods should have to be eaten slowly... just for their content...

Comment

Sorry about your eyes DJ...I know how that feels!

My own painful story involving jalapenos is too embarresing to tell in a nice forum like this. Suffice to say, one should take care to wash one's hands thouroughly, both BEFORE and after using the restroom after handling jalapenos! (my wife laughed for many days...)

Comment

Originally posted by rondon
              odd Jakaleena that you should use the same icon..
              we were typing a response at the same time....
              by chance were you piping music to your son and daughter in law at the same time..? I was... loredo... one little kiss and felena goodbye.. oh well

love playing music to those two... they are so happy... but I am with you... many foods should have to be eaten slowly... just for their content...
              Hey - you know what they say about great minds...

Nope, I'm not piping music to anyone, but I am listening to some...

Lalalala - whacha gonna do with a COWBOY when he don't saddle up an' ride awaaaaayyyyy..... lalala <Jak sings along with Chris LeDoux...>

I love Marty Robbins, btw.

Comment

Comment

OUCH! Greg, if that hurt half as much as my eyes did, I do feel for you. I also probably would have laughed like crazy too.

It did take sometime to wash out and thank God I didn't get the full strength stuff.

Jak,
                  Here's the label but it really doesn't shed much light on why it's so darn hot.
                  DJ
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Dubovsky

Here's the label but it really doesn't shed much light on why it's so darn hot.
                    Nope, it sure doesn't. I thought maybe it would tell what kind of peppers they put in there...

Comment

my guess
                      Attached Files

Comment

Re: Some like it Hot

Originally posted by DJ Dubovsky
                        So a friend of ours found this incrediblly hot sauce which just happens to be called DAVE'S Insanity Sauce and gave it as a gag gift to my husband. It's labeled the hottest sauce in the universe. He can barely tolerate putting a few drops on his meal, it is sooo hot. There is a warning on the label not to use more than a couple drops and at first I thought that was a gimic. It's real. If any of you out there like it hot and I mean ON FIRE hot this is the sauce for you. I found a website on the bottle and thought some of you might like to check it out. You can visit the site
                        here.
                        DJ
                        At one time it was the hottest The original formula measures about 80,000 Scoville Units. To get and idea of how hot that is,
                        the hottest jalapeno is about 6,000. Habenero's are about 300,000 with one variety being over 500,000. The hottest sauce that I know of is called "Da-Bomb Final Answer" It weighs in at a whopping 1,500,000 Scoville units and not meant to be consumed alone but added to soups and such.

Comment

I can't help but sit here and wonder - Who on earth came up with a scale and named it for measuring the intensity of chillies? lol

Comment

Cool, I didn't know they measured the stuff either.
                            Personally, I think people who like to feel pain when eating are crazy. I fall into the 100 Scoville range. Just a little spicy but no where near combustible. As for Da-Bomb, they can keep it. I don't even plan to mention it to Dave. Not after suffering an eyeful just touching a small bit of that stuff. Da-Bomb would have blinded me for life.

Well for all you crazy people who really like it hot here's two possibilities. Insanity or Da-Bomb. Have a blast.
                            DJ

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Needham
                              I can't help but sit here and wonder - Who on earth came up with a scale and named it for measuring the intensity of chillies? lol
                              It was in 1912 while working for the Parke Davis pharmaceutical company that one of their chemists, Wilbur Scoville, developed a method to measure the heat level of a chile pepper.

Comment