Information saturation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information saturation?

With the membership growing all the time, and the frequency of good information in the posts has my head in a spin. I see so many things that I want to try each day, but there's no way I can save everything. There's so much info that I seem to forget some of it shortly after reading it. Does anyone else have this problem, or are my senior moments getting more frequent?

Ed

Just paste any of the choice bits into a big file Ed, saves a lot of detective work later !

Comment

Bookmarks, m'boy. Bookmarks
      Learn by teaching
      Take responsibility for learning

Comment

One big file would probably reach to California (or maybe London). Bookmarks might only reach Iowa or so. Either way, if you see something strange on I-80, please don't run over it. Thanks for the tips.

Ed

Comment

Well, look at it this way...most sites on the internet suffer from a severe lack of content. This site is just making up for that!

Comment

Yeah, you said a mouthful that time.

Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Ed_L
              Either way, if you see something strange on I-80, please don't run over it.

If it makes you feel any better Ed, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed too, but only because I want to try everything all at once. (Patience is not one of my strong points. ) But, I know it's all here when I'm actually ready for it, so for now, I'm focusing on the things I'm most interested in and filing away the other ideas for a later date.

Jeanie

Comment

Ed... You're not alone.

With the recent activity on the "Photo to Art" forum (of great personal interest to me) + the ongoing valuable threads in other forums, I feel like a kid in a candy store...trying to get a drink out of a fire hose. In some ways it's a nice problem to have.

If you utilize the bookmark suggestion, be sure to give them meaningful names and file them logically or you'll be in the same boat: unable to find your bookmarks! (I hate it when that happens!)

~Danny~

Comment

I often just "drop in for a sec" to check and see what new posts there are... I often find myself still glued to RP 3 hours later trying out some new neato idea someone tossed in here.

I am truly addicted. Is there a 12-step program for this????

Comment

The "Last 24 hours" link has been consistently around 50 posts since Sunday . However, this means I don't have time to follow all the tips anymore, let alone the challenges ! I haven't even been into Danny's forum yet. (would like to use the oldman smiley here but, like me, he doesn't work .)

Comment

Originally posted by chris h
                      Just paste any of the choice bits into a big file Ed, saves a lot of detective work later !

I have a huge collection of txt files in My Document and Graphics but there are so many, it's hard to find things.
                      greg

Comment

Most of the things I see here and copy to text files I open later in a small window and then switch back and forth between it and Photoshop, performing the steps with the actions set to record. Then I save the action with an appropriate name and save it to the actions folder as well as a backup on Zip disk. Always available that way, and then you can do with the text file what you will (I have a folder called "documents" I throw everything like that in).

Comment

Working...
                        X