• Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Jakaleena
    Fighting SPAM!
    by Jakaleena
    I've been having a lot of conversations with people about SPAM recently. It's gotten to be such an epidemic. We were discussing this in another thread, and I thought it was such a huge problem that it might possibly deserve its own spot.

I have a few things that I do to fight spam....
    05-19-2002, 01:35 PM
  • jeaniesa
    How much spam does your website generate?
    by jeaniesa
    Let me be a little more specific. The website for the non-profit organization I volunteer with has a simple hyperlink with our e-mail address (which then brings up a new message window using whatever the viewer's default mailer is.) The problem is that we get more junk mail on this address than "real"...
    01-14-2003, 11:29 AM
  • jeaniesa
    Another spam & websites question
    by jeaniesa
    Thanks for all of the discusison in my previous thread on spam generated by e-mail addresses included in websites. I gained a ton of information which I will be using on my site - attempting to "do it right the first time."

Unfortunately, the reason that discussion arose...
    02-06-2003, 01:36 PM
  • thomasgeorge
    E-Mail Screener
    by thomasgeorge
    If anyone is interested in a program which pre scans your e-mail, allowing you to "bounce" back unwanted items ( read: Spam or In Laws/relatives e-mails)..check out the link below for the free (contribution is requested by the author but not mandatory) program Mailwasher. Lots of info about...
    09-04-2002, 12:54 AM
  • Doug Nelson
    Spam stats
    by Doug Nelson
    This just amazed me when I read it:

"Spam is now 70 percent of all email worldwide, and is expected to reach 90 percent by December. Almost all of it is created by about 180 people."

From Spamhaus, a watchdog group.
    02-04-2004, 09:00 AM
Working...
X