My Absence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Absence

I have been contributing to the forums off and on for a couple of years now. I truly enjoy contributing my interpretations to the pictures and challenges. However, I have only been looking in but haven't contributed much since Thanksgiving. The reason for this is that my Mother was in the hospital. She had complications with her recovery from surgery. I am saddened to report that she passed away on January 7, at age 104. She was a great inspiration to me and my family and we will all miss her very much. Her funeral will be January 10. Hopefully, I will be able to become more active.

The attached picture of her was taken at a restaurant on her 102nd birthday with an Olympus point-and-shoot camera. I retouched it with Photoshop Elements 2.0. It is my favorite picture of her and the one by which I will always remember her.
    Attached Files

Re: My Absence

Gerry, sad to know about that. May her soul rest in peace.

Comment

My thoughts are with you at this sad time Gerry

Palms

Comment

Gerry - sorry for your loss. Lovely lady! 104 - that is terrific; her photo appears to show a lady who is vibrant, good natured, and still present in the moment. I trust she will continue to be your inspiration.

Comment

My condolences goes to you and your family. Nice portrait!

Comment

I sincerely wish to thank all of you for your condolences. We had a Mass at our parish church for her on Jan 10. The priest gave a beautiful eulogy. Afterward she was laid to rest next to my Father. It was a beautiful day filled with sunshine. My grandson was running around the cemetery without a care which reminded me of our daughters doing the same when my wife's Mother was buried. I was filled with joy and happiness knowing my Mother was at peace.

Our final act that day was to go to the Assisted Living Home were she had lived for the past 8-1/2 years. They had a reception for us. There were 20 residents there and we all shared stories about her. I was able to tell them things about my Mother that they never heard before. It gave me so much pleasure to share my thoughts with them and I felt much better for having been there.

Thank you all again.

Comment