Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just joined to learn restoration and retouching!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just joined to learn restoration and retouching!!

Hi all:

I'm Ruth, born and raised in Western New York, now residing in North Carolina. I'm probably the only person here who rejoices when it snows

I'm learning retouching and restoration with old photos and negatives I found when my mother died, from the very early 1900s, taken by my grandparents. They are very surprising and I'm hoping to restore them to share with the extended family.

I'm hoping to submit a very personal photo for the restoration challenge, as I don't seem to be doing too well with it.

Thanks for the welcome, I hope someday to be able to help other beginners.

Ruth

Re: Just joined to learn restoration and retouchin

Welcome Ruth! I wanted to say 'hello' particularly because I found RP for the same reason. My mother's photo is restoration challenge #92. I have learned a lot since being here and am certain that you will too. I look forward to seeing your challenge/s.

Comment

Susie:

Thanks so much for the welcome!! What a beautiful picture and some amazing restorations!! I'm afraid mine isn't as visually interesting, but I'm hoping!

Ruth

Comment

Welcome to RetouchPRO..
        Glad to have you aboard Ruth!
        We are looking forward to your participation so don't be shy..

Comment

Thank you OlBaldy!!

I've got to get myself in gear. I just bought Ctein's book and am anxious to try out his techniques!!

I already have some stuff by Katrin Eismann, and have gotten a couple of her techniques down.

So much to learn, so little time!!

Ruth

Comment