X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grrrreetings from not so sunny South Africa

Brrr... it's cold this morning
    Hello everybody. Nice to be here.
    I have to say, it's all thanks to "The demystification of Dave Hill" that I decided to join LOL
    Great tutorial... I love this place.
    You know how hard it is to find a good forum on the net where "retouching" is accepted. So many places are either anti-retouching or just plain "blegh" hehe
    Been lurking since yesterday tryna figure out how everything works here.
    Gone throught the FAQ's and Etiquette, and I must say... I'm really impressed at how everything is so nice and organised.
    A little bit about me...
    I started with photoshop before I discovered the wonderful world of photography. Been taking photo's since the beginning of last year, so I'm still fairly new to all this. I absolutely love working with photoshop... and generally find a reason to open it LOL
    I'm a secretary, yet my job is very boring... Kinda have no work to do, so I'm online all day
    As you can see, I come from South Africa... I stay in Cape Town, and yes... I have a pet lion that I have named Nixon. (Just kidding... he's a sphynx)
    I'm going to bore you all to death if I carry on writing (another thing I enjoy doing)
    So let me go... lurk some more, and then meet you all in the forums.
    Cheers for now
    One more thing... people get confused with my "nick"... It's supposed to be Linkin, but I see there's already a Linkin here *waves*
    To get to my point... I'm female, not a guy haha

Re: Grrrreetings from not so sunny South Africa

HI and welcome Link

I am sure you will enjoy being here especially as you like both photography and photoshop

take a good look around and join in we are all friendly

Palms

Comment

Hey link.....

i'm link's photography mate. Also from Cape Town.
      Been in web design / DTP for the last 11 years and been doing photography for 2 years now. Photoshop is part of my every day life. I hope to learn alot from the pro's here and would like to gain knowledge in the retouching field.

Comment

Hi palms1... thanks for the warm welcome
        Shovies, you made it Welcome!

Comment

Welcome guys! I'm originally from Zimbabwe and still have family in SA. Now in the UK but I miss home!

Comment

Hi Ziaphra... Nice to meet a fellow Seffrikan (Honestly... nothing to miss in this country at the moment LOL)

Comment

One more thing... people get confused with my "nick"... It's supposed to be Linkin, but I see there's already a Linkin here *waves*
              To get to my point... I'm female, not a guy haha[/QUOTE]

Excellent! You may enter.

Joe

Comment

Hi Link and Others

Im also quite new to Retouch Pro and still getting to know my way around the site!

Well Im also a female from Not so Sunny SA, I live in the not so Sunny right now - Durban! Winter is here, and man is it getting cold...... hahahaha

Im new to photoshop been studying for about 4 months. And really enjoying
                everything that photoshop has to offer. I'm not a photographer, but it is
                something that I am interested in. Just trying to find my feet one step at a time.

Well I just wanted to say HI! And get to know a few people.

Best wishes for your day!
                Kezzy

Comment

Hi Kezzy, great to see yet another seffrikan here
                  Welcome all and thanks all for the wonderful greeting.

Comment