What's your native language?

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• _Steve_
    Chatroom!
    by _Steve_
    Hi guys!
    I wanna stress abit the use of the new chat-room function!

It is a fantastic opportunity for "meeting" new peeps, kinda on a new level...if u use it!

It's great to have a little chat, and talk around this and that...and it's not like it's all about...
    08-07-2008, 02:06 PM
  • ShogunSho
    The Half Blood Prince Greets from Asia
    by ShogunSho
    Saying Hello and Nice to meet you all over here from Asia.

My name is Sho

I'm actually half Japanese and Thai born Japanese but grew up and live in Thailand. However, I've been studying in English most of my life. Therefore, I speak, read, write in English, Thai, and Japanese....
    08-05-2009, 10:07 PM
  • Denz VJ
    Belgium in the house ...
    by Denz VJ
    Hello all!
    Glad to be here, I was actually lookin' for a "problem"thread with 0 replies so I could start my career here @ retouchpro as a helpful guy but thnx to the gigantic time-zone difference I am again too late to do any good.
    I gave up hope to find a forum with mostly...
    02-07-2002, 06:07 AM
  • Doug Nelson
    What's wrong with Canada?
    by Doug Nelson
    Canada sounds too good to be true. It always seemed to me kind of like a cardigan-wearing, bookish neighbor. The only jokes I ever hear at Canada's expense are about how nice the people are, how cold it gets, or how they pronounce "about the house", all of which are pretty lame joke subjects....
    04-29-2002, 04:50 PM
  • PamT
    Chat
    by PamT
    Hi all,

You don't hear much from me, but I am here daily almost. Lot's of reasons... one I guess I don't feel confident enough to speak up about technique yet, two because I am newly on my own for the first time in many years and have been so busy trying to get something going to make...
    09-07-2003, 04:51 PM
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your native language?

Since it's still new, I'm acting as a bit of a greeter in our chat rooms. It's fun to meet you all "in person". But it underscores that RetouchPRO users are from all over, and speak many languages natively.

So, what's your native language? Are you comfortable speaking about technical topics (such as retouching) in any other languages?

Mine is English, of course (or "American", if you prefer).
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Re: What's your native language?

Doug, it's fun having the possibility to "meet" some people here. Once we get used to it, I think it will become a crowded place. My native language is german, and yes, I am comfortable with speaking english and if I have not forgotten all, I get by with italian as well...

Comment

Nice, I speak english, german and serbian. My native language is slovene (the country is Slovenia). I am comfortable speaking about technical stuff in english.

Comment

English (with a southern accent) :-) Perhaps, as things progress, you could set up language rooms, Doug.

Comment

English ---from Idaho originally but now Texas.. Still no southern accent I don't think or at least the natives here don't think so.

Comment

I speak Bergensk! :P A dialect in the Norwegian language...We are loud and proud... www.brann.no

Comment

I'm from Colombia living in the UK. native language spanish , I speak a bit of italian and portugues (all 3 are quite similar THE ROMAN LENGUAGES) also speak english and yes I feel confortable spaking about tech stuff in english.

Comment

only English I'm afraid. I love the French language but have butchered it enough that I'll stick to English :-)
                Doreen

Comment

My native language is English (UK), but after 30 years in Brazil I must admit that I feel more comfortable speaking Portuguese.

Comment

Just plain English(with an Aussie accent), It will be good 'talking' to people from all over the world with a common interest. First time for me was yesterday with Doug and Flora,
                    nice people, good fun.

Comment

Mine's British English.

Comment

My native language is English with a Kiwi accent, but after a big night out, I am quite fluent in gibberish !

Comment

Eastern dialect of Ukrainian and ukrainian dialect of Russian over here Speaking technical stuff best in English though.

Comment

Originally posted by bazza64
                            Just plain English(with an Aussie accent)... First time for me was yesterday with Doug and Flora
                            There now, bazza... I knew there was an accent but I couldn't quite place it!!!

My native language is Italian

I am comfortable speaking English, German and Spanish

Speaking technical stuff best in English, though ... (helps hiding my ignorance with the excuse of using a 'foreign' language)

Comment

American English here. I've studied German and Russian, but so long ago I'm virtually useless.

Comment

Working...
                              X