What's your native language?

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• _Steve_
    Chatroom!
    by _Steve_
    Hi guys!
    I wanna stress abit the use of the new chat-room function!

It is a fantastic opportunity for "meeting" new peeps, kinda on a new level...if u use it!

It's great to have a little chat, and talk around this and that...and it's not like it's all about...
    08-07-2008, 02:06 PM
  • ShogunSho
    The Half Blood Prince Greets from Asia
    by ShogunSho
    Saying Hello and Nice to meet you all over here from Asia.

My name is Sho

I'm actually half Japanese and Thai born Japanese but grew up and live in Thailand. However, I've been studying in English most of my life. Therefore, I speak, read, write in English, Thai, and Japanese....
    08-05-2009, 10:07 PM
  • Denz VJ
    Belgium in the house ...
    by Denz VJ
    Hello all!
    Glad to be here, I was actually lookin' for a "problem"thread with 0 replies so I could start my career here @ retouchpro as a helpful guy but thnx to the gigantic time-zone difference I am again too late to do any good.
    I gave up hope to find a forum with mostly...
    02-07-2002, 06:07 AM
  • Doug Nelson
    What's wrong with Canada?
    by Doug Nelson
    Canada sounds too good to be true. It always seemed to me kind of like a cardigan-wearing, bookish neighbor. The only jokes I ever hear at Canada's expense are about how nice the people are, how cold it gets, or how they pronounce "about the house", all of which are pretty lame joke subjects....
    04-29-2002, 04:50 PM
  • PamT
    Chat
    by PamT
    Hi all,

You don't hear much from me, but I am here daily almost. Lot's of reasons... one I guess I don't feel confident enough to speak up about technique yet, two because I am newly on my own for the first time in many years and have been so busy trying to get something going to make...
    09-07-2003, 04:51 PM
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's your native language?

I speak Portuguese and English

Comment

• Re: What's your native language?

Originally posted by brunilda View Post
      Lekkerstuk I thought you are afrikaans when I saw your screen name. In my language it says "yummy piece" as I am sure not far off in hollands. I was just mentioning that flemish is apparently the closest to afrikaans of any language.

Sylvia, we wear regular western clothes, you can go without sleeves although I tend not to go too public without at least a cap sleeve (more about hiding fat arms than anything else though). Here the locals really are just like us. Its more the workers that might pester you but then I dont really walk around in labour camps etc. So they dont bother me.
      @Lekkerstuk: Well, I live in Madrid (Spain) But i am from antwerp (Belgian) and i would like to know where there is a border between Antwerp and Rotterdam (?) These to place are quite a distance from eachother "Breda" (NL) is just across the border of Antwerp. As for south afrika, DUTCH is almost the same as afrikaans not flemmish. although the Dutch and flemmish understand eachother because we have the same language both written and spoken (Nederlands) it is called so we do understand afrikaans (the south afrikan " afrikoans " lingo) so it is quite understandable ppl mistake us for afrikoaners because of our lingo

Comment

• Hi, I live in Spain but my native language is English, UK. To be more correct I speak Yorkshire :-)
        Last edited by Lindrick; 06-16-2018, 08:53 AM. Reason: Just adding a comment about my Lindrick name being posted as a Junior member. Sounds odd as I am of pensionable age. lol

Comment

Working...
        X