Hello from the Great Northwest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from the Great Northwest

Have been around for some time but just never posted. Thought I had better get a post in. I use the forums as a learning tool but I am a man of few words. I just recently upgraded from a FinePix S20 pro to a EOS 40D. Been shooting photos for many years. Not professional but for my own use. Being a disabled vet I do travel all over the US in motor home and have collected many great shots of so many different things (What ever catches my eye). I also like playing with graphic programs to see what they will do. Have never really saved any work that I have done as it is just playing and I am my worst critic but will some day get over that I hope. I am a jeweler and have worked in the industry for over 30 years. Custom design and repair. Have done many art shows in the northwest and sold at Pike Place Market for several year before moving to Eastern Washington. I look at photos with an eye of a jeweler and work from the point. Oh yea! I have done several retouch and repairs for friends and family using the methods from forums. So there ya go, That’s me in a nutshell. I go by JB.

Re: Hello from the Great Northwest

Welcome to Retouch Pro, Jack.. Enjoy!

Comment

Hello JB!

Welcome! Hopefully we'll have the pleasure to see some of your photography!

Comment

Welcome Jack, I look forward to sharing ideas and images with you.
        Swampy, is that how you would describe me? A man of VERY few words

I thought you might

c

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Aldan
          Saying hello from Czech Rep.
          by Aldan
          34 y old, amateur photographer with an interest in retouch... I am registered here for some time already but never posted. RetouchPRO reminds me every time I log in. So I would like to say hello to all and also say that this forum is great help to me and there is always a lot to learn...
          01-24-2010, 08:19 AM
        • Kulshanmom
          Hello:
          by Kulshanmom
          I have just joined this group, and look forward to learning and sharing. I am one of the editors of The Sea Chest, journal of the Puget Sound Maritime Historical Society, and spend much time optimizing old photos from a variety of sources for illustrating articles for publication in our journal. I use...
          06-07-2007, 03:54 PM
        • sonsdad
          Hello to you all
          by sonsdad
          At last I have made time to hello to you all. How time flies when you are enjoying yourself. I am approaching retirement and hopefully I will then have the chance to get on with my life after all I have been waiting for fifty years!
          01-30-2009, 05:29 AM
        • YuliNeko
          Hello :)
          by YuliNeko
          Hello, all.

I guess you CAN call me a newbie. I discovered the site a while ago, but never really got a chance to sit down and register.

I have been "playing" with photoshop for over 7 years now, but never thought of making retouching my career. Probably went...
          09-23-2010, 02:15 PM
        • nicklawless
          Hello from Galway
          by nicklawless
          Hi guys,

Big hello from Galway, Ireland.

I'm a photoshop user but have been fumbling about for years without any kind of tuition or guidance. recently found RetouchPRO and love the site. It's such a great resource of what I consider a fantastic craft. If only I could reach...
          11-15-2008, 03:19 AM
        Working...
        X