Archives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archives

I was glad to see that there are now more images for the archives. Keep 'em coming!

Ed

A newbie question

I read the instructions for submitting images to the archives and I have a question.

I use a MAC and when I save an image as a TIFF, I specify MAC for the Byte Order and I check the LZW compression.

Should I do anything different to submit a photo to the archives?
    Last edited by sjm; 12-08-2002, 05:45 PM.

Comment

I'll have to let Doug handle that one. But I'm glad to see more coming in. Thanks.

Ed

Comment

Sjm, There is NO such thing as a Dumb question, only Dumb answers, luckily I am an expert in them and shall now dazzle you with a brilliant display of "dumb" raised to an art form!!!! I believe that if you are using a Mac, to get cross platform compatability you should uncheck the "Macintoish" box in the menu that comes up when you click your "save" command as TIFF format and put a dot or check in the IBM PC one, and leave LZW unchecked, then you should be ok. At least I think thats right. With server technology this might not be necessary though. Tom
        Last edited by thomasgeorge; 08-25-2001, 03:20 PM.

Comment

I can take any tif, TIF, TIFF, TYPH or any other way

LZW is fine, or not. Mac, PC, I don't care. ZIP, unzipped, multipart, singlepart, whatever, as long as it's under 4.5 meg

I only hate .sit files, and that's only because the unstuffer messed with my OS last time I used it.
          Learn by teaching
          Take responsibility for learning

Comment

SEE!!! I TOLD YOU!!!! Tom

Comment

I wondered that too but I figured since I was on a PC, tough, they are getting the PC version.
              DJ

Comment

Working...
              X