What's your skill level? (the new one)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone,

New to this site. Thought I'd start somewhere. Definitely new to photoshop...recently bought CS2. I'd say I'm an intermediate user of Paintshop Pro. My interests are providing my own unique look to the photos I take which are primarily sports. I'm feel fortunate to have found this site. I find your discussions and posts extremely interesting and educational. In time, I hope I will also become a contributor. John

Comment

Advanced User

I've been involved with art, photography, graphic arts and printing for over thirty years although none of these pursuits were part of my primary job functions. I am retired now and can afford to spend the time to become truly proficient with my artistic pursuits.

I am at an advanced level with most of the popular software programs and have reached a point where, if imagine something, i can usually accomplish what I want to do. To me, creating art and working with photos on the computer is like a chef working in a well equipped kitchen. All of the ingredients and tools are right there at your finger tips. When I need something, I just grab it. It is a wonderful feeling and it feeds my passion which is being creative. Over the years I have spent literally thousands of hours learning software programs and it has paid off for me by giving me knowledge of the tools necessary to express my creativity.

Novices should not be put off by the steep learning curve of programs like Photoshop and Painter. With even a little effort and a desire to learn and be creative you can produce remarkable results. Keep trying and learning. READ THE HELP FILE, search the Internet and frequent web sites like RetouchPRO. This is an amazing place to learn.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• klassylady25
        Beginner woes...
        by klassylady25
        I've been on here for some time and the more I watch the more discouraged I become. Mind you that doesn't mean that I'm going to stop trying but everytime I see your pictures come out so well, and you talk about this techique or use of that tool, I think that I may never come to a place of excellence....
        02-25-2006, 01:31 PM
      • Tig
        Asked to do more -- negotiate higher salary?
        by Tig
        I currently work as a basic photo editor. Recently I have been asked to do higher end retouching-- heavy image manipulation and beauty changes, not the simple sharpening/color correction as usual. They seem pleased at the results.

My dilemna is this... I have very little related work...
        04-23-2006, 06:12 AM
      • skoobey
        Experimenting? Client vs. Personal work
        by skoobey
        So, as it happens, I think I am making progress with my retouching, but...

I would like to experiment more, try to achieve certain looks. The thing is, I am still too slow, and even with my slow workflow, I am still not what I would consider "good".

I have a lot...
        07-10-2012, 02:54 PM
      • Juliana Ross
        one of those can it be done questions
        by Juliana Ross
        Hi Everyone
        (posted this in another thread but figured I would have been better of starting it in its own)

I've been wondering about this question for awhile, and am not that deep into playing with photoshop yet.

For photos that have cracks, warps and bends is...
        01-21-2005, 02:55 PM
      • Benny
        How do I get work as a retoucher?
        by Benny
        Hi, I have worked as a photographer in the past and because of my interest in photography I have spent a lot of time trying to master Photoshop which I love. As it is hard to make ends meet as a photographer in a small country town and I'm sick of having to work weekends, I'm thinking about a career...
        06-09-2006, 03:55 AM
      Working...
      X