Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tyeise
    replied
    When I was in a theater, I over-heard the kid in the row behind us ask: "Mommy? Is that God's TV?"

Leave a comment:

• Ed_L
    replied
    This thread has been silent for quite a while, so I thought I'd revive it.

When one of my boys was younger, and to the point where he could read pretty well, we happened to pass a Burger King. They had a sign advertising "Brazier Burgers". When he saw that, he said "Hey, look! They have brassiere burgers".

Ed

Leave a comment:

• themanda
    replied
    About fifteen years ago, I smoked. Veeeery bad habit that I'm pleased I don't have anymore. One day I agreed to babysit my youngest nephew, Alek, who was not quite four at the time. My sister in law and my older nephew, Tye, were going to come pick him up from my house sometime later that day.

Well, I had a big date to get ready for, being a hot young single thang. My young nephew in tow, I set about grooming myself up so that I would be ready to go when my SIL got there. First, I took my contacts out, washed my face, and plucked and tweezed my brows to perfection. Then I put on a peel-off cucumber mask. Alek was sitting on the tub the whole time, chattering away.

Then I went outside to smoke a cigarette. (My bad...my bad.) He went with me and walked around in the yard, chattering away.

In due time, I went back to the bathroom to peel off the mask. Then I put my contacts back in and put my makeup on. Right about then, my SIL and older nephew came back to pick up Alek.

Alek runs to Tye. "Tye, you missed it!!!" he cries. "Aunt Amanda took her eyeballs out, pulled out all her hair, breathed fire...and then..." he had to stop to take a breath. "SHE PEELED HER FACE OFF!!!!! It was AWESOME!!!" Then he gave me a look of such deep respect and love it was amazing.

My SIL never did let me babysit again...

Leave a comment:

• themanda
    replied
    This first is from my son, the movie buff. He's known how to work the VCR since he was about 3, but he's just learning how to use the remote since he's the sage age of 5 and reading. He was watching a DVD last week (home sick with the flu) all tucked in on the couch. He wrestled himself out of his blankets and said "Momma, cause the movie. I have to tinkle." Being a wise Mommy, I said "You mean PAUSE the movie. It's the pause button with a P, not C." He looked at me, rolled his little eyes and said "No, Momma, it's CAUSE with a C." He reached out and got the remote and brought it over to me. "See, this is the PAUSE button" he said as he paused the movie. "You press the P-P-Pause button and you C-C-Cause the movie to stop."

Leave a comment:

• Ed_L
    replied
    My granddaughter (now five) who inspired this thread spent the night with us last night. After taking a bath, she put on a purple outfit. When she came into the room where my wife and I were, she said "Grandma, did you ever see that movie "Pretty in purple?"

Ed

Leave a comment:

• Blacknight
    replied
    And to THAT I reply, in my BEST high school french:

Où la bibliothèque est?

Which, as nearly as I am abke to recall, is something like "Where's the library?"

Leave a comment:

• ravenmd
    replied
    et bien, blacknight.. peut-être vous pourriez m'aider à expliquer

Avez-vous un secret à partager?

Leave a comment:

• Blacknight
    replied
    Good one, ravenmd! Whatever have you been doing with your time lately?

My youngest was dragging his little red wagon around everywhere he went. I asked him what he was taking his wagon everywhere for, and he replied "It's my reportable chair" Lawn chairs, wagons, wheelbarrows, etc. are still referred to by those "in the know" as reportable chairs!

Leave a comment:

• ravenmd
    replied
    Haven't had nearly enough time to check into RP lately, but read this entire thread this morning... what a riot. Here's my offering:

When my daughter was around 4, she went outside to play and after just a few minutes wanted to come back in the house. I told her "I want you to stay outside a while and get some fresh air."

Few minutes later, she's at the door again.. "Mommy.. come and check my hair and see if it's fresh enough yet."

Leave a comment:

• airubin
    replied
    My grandson, Eli is four and a half. His two grandmothers were visiting him in Madison, WI when he was a little over two. They were at a beach on a lake that is near my daughter's house playing in the sand. Eli carried a bucket of sand to a playground near by so that he could still play with some sand.

He was sitting on the steps of a slide when the two ladies came up to him. Without being asked anything, Eli commented--"I'm on the job, but I'm resting."

My wife and I still use that expression when we are doing nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Ed_L
    replied
    We were passing a Dairy Queen, and there was a sign advertising a sale on Brazier Burgers. My son said "Hey look! They have brassiere burgers"!

Ed

Leave a comment:

• Sanda
    replied
    I have another one from my eldest son. We were in Kmart and he got seperated from us, he was about 8. SO he went straight to the service desk to have us paged. I was running around searching for him when over the load speaker came.. "We have a lost young man here by the name of Paul, would his" then it stopped and re-started "We have a young man named Paul here who's parents are lost, would they please come to the service desk so that he can take them home, thank you." He objected to them saying he was the one who was lost, he knew exactly where he was and it was us who were lost. lol

Leave a comment:

• DJ Dubovsky
    replied
    Hey, I'm beginning to think this thread tops the Chuckle of the Day. I just love visiting these adoreable but hilarious stories. I have been sitting her laughing my head off.

Ed
    I wish!!!
    DJ

Leave a comment:

• Sanda
    replied
    when my son was about 6 we were in a large shopping centre at the top of the escalators. We were on our way to meet his grandmother when he spotted her on the floor below. At the top of his little voice he called out "Nanna" and about 50 old ladies turned around. It was so funny.

Leave a comment:

• winwintoo
    replied
    When my son was small, there were very few black people where we lived and I'm sure he had never seen one - there were not many on TV either at that time.

One day during a severe snow storm, I had to get downtown to a doctor's appointment so with my son in my arms I headed for the bus stop - the snow was so deep, the buses couldn't get through, but a black man in a truck came along and offered to drive us to our appointment.

Along the way, the man had to stop for an errand of his own and as soon as he was out of the truck, my son turned to me and said, "Mommy, is that a monkey?" I was aghast!! What kind of ideas was I allowing my son to form?

I quickly hushed him and explained about different colored skin, hoping that he would be quiet until we got to our destination.

"No," he exclaimed, "not the man. I mean that," he pointed to the stuffed animal (a monkey) hanging from the rear-view mirror.

Needless to say, I was speechless and did a whole lot of soul-searching about my own feelings about color. I learned an important life lesson from my son that day.

Margaret

Leave a comment: