just joined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just joined

hello to everyone,im new so have pity on me.where is it best to go for photoshop advice.i.e where in ps would i find enhance>adjust lighting>levels.thank you

Re: just joined

Goto

>IMAGE
    >ADJUSTMENTS

or use shortcut Ctrl+L to bring up the levels diolog box.

I joined some time ago, but just started to use the forum a bit today.

It's been raining all day and there has been not much to do, and no weddings today.

Comment

thank you craig thats great

Comment

Hello and welcome to both you and craig

and we all know what it's like starting with ps and trying to find where everything is, even after a few years with it things still hide from me

mind you it is a great way to pass a rainy day

Palms

Comment

Everyone who uses Photoshop starts from the beginning. It gets easier every day!

Welcome to the forums to the both of you.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyRaphael View Post
            Everyone who uses Photoshop starts from the beginning. It gets easier every day!

Welcome to the forums to the both of you.

Thanks for the welcome, just as a note, I have been working with Photoshop since the first version back in 1989 or 90 somewhere around that time.

However most if not all that I do with it is to make my photos look as I envisioned, but I don't get creative with some of the extras.

I know the shortcuts backward and forward, but do admit that many I have personally assigned because that they assigned didn't always make the easiest move to use it.

Those that I use the most get preference as to the simplicity of the shortcut assigned.

Any shortcut can be changed as you please, of course make sure to save your workspace so if your system goes down in a bad way, that if the default setting are reset, that you can easily return to what you know.

To me, knowing the shortcuts to the tasks that are used often is just as important as knowing how and making your own actions and using them.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Willes View Post
              Thanks for the welcome, just as a note, I have been working with Photoshop since the first version back in 1989 or 90 somewhere around that time.
              The "new to" PS comment was intended for the original poster, not you, where the welcome was for both if you. My bad...I should have been more specific.

Nice to know, however, that you have as much PS experience as you do. Always appreciate having that depth of expertise among forum participants who are willing to help out.

Comment

No problem, I didn't take it badly, just wanted to point out that I am pretty well versed in the use of Photoshop, as well as Capture NX, Zoner Studio products, and Ulead PhotoImpact.

Also Dreamweaver, and I have InDesign, but still prefer to assemble my album pages using CS3.

And PhotoMachanic is another browser that I use a lot for it's speed in the edit in/edit out process.

Zoner by the way does have an excellent browser, that is great in so many ways to a working pro like myself.

It's such a shame that the Nikon View NX browser, as well as bridge are such poor slow excuses of a browser.

A browser that does not cash the files (I know it's not spelled cash) but spell check was of no help, is totally worthless to some one who has to edit a thousand or more images from a wedding, because the other browsers make that a life long project compared to using the Zoner PhotoStudio or PhotoMachanic software.

Comment