Things that go bump in the night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things that go bump in the night

My wife is slightly claustrophobic, so I sleep on the side of the bed nearest the wall. Princess, our German Shephard likes to sleep next to me, and there's enough room for her to back out if she wants, but not enough room for her to turn around. She is 26 or 27 inches tall at the shoulders. Last night, in the middle of the night, we were awakened by this awful thumping and scratching. It sounded like something major was going on. Princess decided to turn around by getting part way under the bed. The bed frame is 7 inches off the floor, and she was stuck solid. We had to get out of bed, so I could lift the bed off her. She then went by my wife's side, and slept there the rest of the night.

Ed

...ever considered to teach your dog how to walk backwards in emergencies ?

Comment

She won't be going back there any more.
      DJ

Comment

Perhaps you could give her a good coating of lard or grease...that way she could just sort of slither around under the bed like a big hairy snake....Tom

Comment

or perhaps a doggie diet?

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Ed_L
            The Birth of a Butterfly
            by Ed_L
            My wife and I will be married for 44 years on Dec. 28, 2001. She has always urged me to
            get rid of things that I haven’t used for a length of time. Yesterday, we decided to do
            some heavy house cleaning. Not the kind where you wash walls, but the kind where you
            go through the...
            08-25-2001, 01:14 PM
          • Ed_L
            Long, but good reading
            by Ed_L
            Here's one I received in e-mail today. My grandmother's name was Rose, so I thought I'd pass it on, for what it's worth.

> >
            > > >The first day of school our professor introduced
            > > > himself and challenged
            > > > us
            >...
            10-29-2002, 11:30 AM
          • demandapanda
            dealing with/dropping nightmare clients
            by demandapanda
            Hey, looking for some advice. I have a nightmare client...as you may have guessed from the title. She argues about rates, never gives a fair rate and so far has always contacted me about jobs when I'm super desperate for cash so although after the first time I worked for her I vowed to not do it again,...
            07-30-2010, 08:11 PM
          • voidsource
            Need advice ( intern )
            by voidsource
            Recently I got hired to be an intern at a photography studio. I was pretty excited to finally get my first chance to work there, even as an unpaid intern, so on the day of the interview i basically ended up being there almost all day moving boxes from the floor to the made up 2nd floor, up and down...
            10-03-2013, 06:23 PM
          • Ed_L
            I felt sorry for her
            by Ed_L
            Last night, my wife, my mother-in-law, and I went to a festival in a small town where we grew up as teenagers. They had a cool parade, and things were kind of backwards, or unexpected. For instance, they had hula dancers (guys!) who wore hula skirts and the 1/2 shell cocoanut halter thingies. It was...
            07-27-2002, 10:17 AM
          Working...
          X