Tomatoes are in Big Time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomatoes are in Big Time!

It's that time of year. Today we (okay, my wife) made 19 pints of home made salsa. But I picked the tomatoes.

Ed

Yup, the Attack of the Killer Tomatoes has been going on around here for a couple of weeks now. There's tomatoes on the porch, tomatoes on the kitchen counter, tomatoes in the basement...

I'm gettin' afraid to go to sleep at night without a paring knife under my pillow...

Funny you should mention Salsa, Ed. No more than 20 minutes ago I was discussing the need to make some this weekend and was going to try to find a recipe for canning it (we've now got enough tomato juice to float a navy...). Do you think maybe your lovely wife would possibly care to share her canning recipe??

Comment

Hi Jak,

I can tell you what we put in it, but if you make it, you'll have to do the taste test while you're making it. We made some last year, and tried making it the same way, but this year we have some really hot jalapenos in the garden. Last year they weren't as hot. Do you have a cold packer canner? I don't think a pressure canner works very well for salsa. Anyhow, I'll put it on the cookbook thread tomorrow. Time for bed now. Nite.

Ed

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Ed_L
        Salsa recipe
        by Ed_L
        This isn't realy a recipe, but Jak will probably be looking for it so here it is. This is the way I made it last year, and it was good enough to take notes on. The jalapenos we had last year were medium hot, and the ones we have this year are very hot, so we had to make changes this year according to...
        08-22-2002, 04:28 PM
      • Ed_L
        It's that time of year
        by Ed_L
        What do you have going on this time of year? So many things to do around the house. Yesterday I spent 12 1/2 hours of labor intensive work on putting a new brick walkway in front and around the side of the house. I was so tired that I didn't even get online yesterday except very early in the morning....
        04-12-2002, 11:24 AM
      • thomasgeorge
        Tomato or Tomatoe
        by thomasgeorge
        Ed, How did the Ripe red fruit preservation process proceed? Ours are just beginning to get ripe and it looks like a good crop unless the Raccoons get them. What type are you raising? Tom
        08-20-2001, 05:23 PM
      • kathleen
        this one's for Ed
        by kathleen
        go see your uncle
        08-23-2001, 05:53 PM
      • DJ Dubovsky
        Tex Mex Chili
        by DJ Dubovsky
        This is a recipe I was introduced to by a neighbor when I was pregnant. I had just eaten supper but as a kind gesture for his labor, I aggreed to a small bowl as a taste test.
        Well, 5 bowls later and bursting at the seams, I decided to take home the recipe. Which I did and made some the next...
        06-05-2002, 06:17 PM
      Working...
      X