Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Here Please Help - Resizing for Monthly Comp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Here Please Help - Resizing for Monthly Comp!

Hi! Newbie here to the forum! It looks like a great place to learn.

I already need help, lol. I am not sure how to resize the photo I worked onto place it in the monthly comp here. Duh! I resized it to 800pixl x 600 pixl and it won't upload... says it's too big...

Thanks for the help!

Kind Regards
    Wendy

Re: New Here Please Help - Resizing for Monthly Co

Wendy, welcome to RetouchPRO Hope you make many new friends here and learn lots!

what retouching software are you using?

You can post a fairly large pictures which is under 100k using the save for web function in Photoshop as described here:
    Size, Quality and/or Format your Attached Images.. (Click here)
    This may also help some... How to attach Files/Images to your Posts or Threads?(Click here)

If you want to post a larger resolution that is over 100K then you can host your image elsewhere and attach a link, but also please attach an under 100K version here (so the thread remains useful in the future, regardless of external links).
    If you do not have your own site to host your images then some alternative Image Hosts are: ImageVenue.com (3Meg max, free) or pixentral.com (2Meg max, free) or photobucket.com (1 Meg max free,... 5 Meg PRO) or mediafire.com (100 Meg per file, free) then post a link here in the thread to the site that is hosting your larger image. There are many other sites on the web to host your images also!
    Just remember to also attach an under 100K version here (so the thread remains useful in the future, regardless of external links).

Comment

Hi OlBaldy! Thanks for the quick reply and the Welcome!. I am using PSCS2. It's so weird cus I resized the photo to 800 x 600 pxl and it says it is now 2.667 inches x 2 inches and 300 dpi.

When I resized it I was concentrating on the pxl size that we are to be using for the comp pic upload and not the dpi or inches of the actual photo. I know there is another way to do it so I can get the correct pixl count yet have a larger/small photo to post?? But it slips my mind, lol.

Appreciate any help!

Kind regards
      Wendy

Comment

Lave your pixel count as it is (800X600) and use the Save for Web feature @ File>Save for Web and follow the instructions @ Size, Quality and/or Format your Attached Images.. (Click here)

Comment

Hi OlBaldy, Thanks! I hope this works...

Nope.... It says my file is 416.6 KB . How do I reduce it and not make the photo smaller?

Sorry I am too used to MSN groups...Arghhhhh....

....Going to re-read the directions you linked me to....

Wendy

Comment

ok I think I may have it! Sigh.....

I didn't originally click the "arrow to the right" opps!

Going over to the other thread and see if I can upload it now!!

Comment

Congrats..... it looks good!

Comment

Yup it worked! Whoo Hoo! Thanks for the help OlBaldy!

Comment