No announcement yet.

The RetouchPro Music Club

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• Craig Walters
    Google and other ads on Retouchpro
    by Craig Walters
    as of this morning, i'm seeing google ads and others here on RetrouchPro. i'm hoping this is something that doug has implemented to help pay for the costs here on RP and not some odd piece of malware that has suddenly shown up on my browser. since i'm not seeing it on some other sites where no ads were...
    09-03-2006, 08:53 AM
  • BagLady
    For all the music lovers out there!
    by BagLady
    For all the music lovers out there!

I just wanted to point out a great site that allows you to make free, personalized internet radio stations with no commercial interruptions... Only music .

www.pandora.com

Based on your favorite tunes, it only proposes...
    07-27-2008, 11:29 AM
  • Doug Nelson
    Music to retouch by
    by Doug Nelson
    Do you listen to music while you work on images? I do. Always.

What do you listen to, and how?

I'll usually listen to MSN radio (internet radio), usually one of their "new age" stations. I've grown to be a fan of their programming.

So, do you jam...
    12-16-2001, 06:08 AM
  • Elbobo
    RetouchPRO really pisses me off sometimes.
    by Elbobo
    I started learning about retouching a few months ago, and RetouchPRO was one of the first websites I came to.

"Wow, a forum devoted to retouching and calling themselves 'Pro'? This must be the way I'm looking for!"

It was only until a month ago that I learned...
    11-16-2010, 11:22 AM
  • Ed_L
    Let's talk music
    by Ed_L
    Who are some of the artists represented in your music library? a few of mine are: Etta James, Eric Clapton, various blues artists, Rod Stewart, Brasil '66; Blood, Sweat and Tears; Sam Cooke, Tom T. Hall, Tanya Tucker, Gene Watson, Neil Diamond, Barbara Streisand, Tony Benett, and my all time favorite...
    09-07-2001, 04:15 AM
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The RetouchPro Music Club

now, i dont know how this has never been put here before, or if it has, then why it was never stickied. but, oh well, i'm putting it here now

let's have a little discussion and intercourse on music, your favorite stuff, links to legal stuff, artists you like, anything music, and that would include things like American Idol or Britain's Got Talent or America's Got Talent and so on. it can be current or past. if you loved presley, then hey, speak up. if Bach turned you on, then yay Bach! start a sub-topic or discussion on a certain artist, instrument, song, composer, whatever. this is all things music. keep it clean; keep it legal and mostly, keep it fun

Re: The RetouchPro Music Club

I'll just state here that I love New Age music so everyone can start ragging on it right away

But prior to that I was a big fan of Kansas, Pink Floyd, Renaissance, Alan Parsons Project, Camel, etc.

But I'm not immune from American Idol music.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

I'm with you, Doug: Artists like Amethystium, Deuter for new age/atmospheric sounds.

I also divert and inspire myself with such artists as Hungry Lucy, and off-beat mash-ups Club de Belugas' "Hey Mambo", or good electronica like Booka Shade

Comment

Nothing like a little Mozart to refresh the soul . . .

Comment

So by "keep it clean" this means I can't have intercourse too?

It's so funny cause last night I was like, wonder if we could sometimes drop a link with our image to the music we were listening to at the time.

c

Comment

Originally posted by Kraellin View Post
            now, i dont know how this has never been put here before, or if it has, then why it was never stickied. but, oh well, i'm putting it here now

let's have a little discussion and intercourse on music, your favorite stuff, links to legal stuff, artists you like, anything music, and that would include things like American Idol or Britain's Got Talent or America's Got Talent and so on. it can be current or past. if you loved presley, then hey, speak up. if Bach turned you on, then yay Bach! start a sub-topic or discussion on a certain artist, instrument, song, composer, whatever. this is all things music. keep it clean; keep it legal and mostly, keep it fun
            Ha, you said intercourse.
            Sorry, wierd mood.

Google connie Talbot bgt... amazing angel!

BTW, I like Brahms, Chopin, or rachmaninoff for something a bit harder.

Oh, and probably my favorite band of all time is Sonia Dada.
            Last edited by crazyfly1; 06-25-2009, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Funny,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifKKlhYF53w

Comment

that was hilarious, Wm. BIG HANDS! rofl.

Comment

ok, i'll put in a plug for our own natalie brown (rnbluva here on RP): http://www.natalie-brown.com/ . natalie has a very good voice, sings some very good stuff and has been kind enough over the years to post some of her songs for free to us. i havent heard from her recently here in RP, but her site is still up and i'm sure she's still singing

Comment

I use to be a big fan of Mods a few years ago. Recently, I found out that my favorite player (Modplug) went open source and downloaded it. Looks like it's also a tracker now which is cool. Was very surprised too that my account at modplug (they changed their website, but my account login/password still worked) still existed. It was literally 5 years since I last visited and made a comment. It's too bad that the Amiga architecture didn't win out. Way ahead of it's time and only now is parallel processing coming of age again. I have a collection of cool mods including Bat Dance and Axcel F.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/modplug/

Comment

ah, the amiga 2000. i loved that machine. dedicated processors for everything i used to laugh when the ibm compatibles started talking about 'multi-media'... we'd had it for years

thanks for the link, lyle!

Comment

I really like the harmonies in my niece's latest song
                        http://www.purevolume.com/akatereynolds/albums/Untitled

Comment

This is easy,

Dave Mathews - ANTS MARCHING & all his other great songs
                          Sarah McLachlan - HOLD ON & all her other great songs

Oh, forgot, Buble has great voice and great songs.
                          Last edited by aartist; 08-05-2009, 09:35 AM. Reason: additional information

Comment

I'm a huge fan of the blues. any kind. BUt as long as its not acid rock or that beat-someone-up kind of music then I'll listen to it. I was a pro-musician for many many years and got to play in all kinds of different venues with artists ranging from classical to hard rock to southern rock to ...ahem.. dico'ish.

Love it all.

Comment

Hello guys. I think I've mentioned that my real profession is the music. I'm a Bucharest' (Romania) Conservatory cello performer, graduated in 1975. I've been playing some years in the Radio-TV Symphony there, travel whole Europe with it, then I moved to Venezuela, as a musician too, in 1981.
                              For me, nothing is more relaxing, desconecting and good-mood-working-time than a soft classical selection. I really can focus more and have a better workflow when I'm listening my favourite musical parts: the baroque german and italian masters, classical instrumental concerts, italian opera famous arias, piano solo and so on.
                              Regards

Comment

Working...
                              X