Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is this guy, Toad,and why does he post such weird pictures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is this guy, Toad,and why does he post such weird pictures?

Hi:

I live in beautiful Vancouver, BC, and have been into digital photograpy for about a year (although I have been into traditional photography for many years).

My latest interest is Photo Retouching/Enhancing.

I was referred to this forum by Danny Rapheal - so you can blame him!

Best
    Toad

Welcome to RetouchPro Toad - nice to have another Canuck on here eh!

I had a look at your art and was very impressed, but what I'd really like to know is: what the heck kind of name is "Toad"

Take care
    Margaret

Comment

Welcome aboard Toad. Any friend of Danny's is a friend of ours. Love your cute little avatar. I'm guessing there's a prince under there somewhere.
      DJ

Comment

Thanks for the welcome!

Thank you for being so open with your welcome!

The name Toad is an old nickname from many many years ago. When I was stuck for a non-de-plume on an internet site, I resurrected it without sufficient regard for the fact that I might be stuck with it for awhile.

Now I drag it along with me in order to keep context with people that I meet on-line.

I posted the "Sleeping in a Jar" shot primarily to introduce my kind of "darkish" style to people. If they hate it, I can move along - otherwise all the better.

If you haven't looked at it, I have some other things posted at my pbase gallery:

http://www.pbase.com/willdabeest

Regards
        Toad

Comment

Let me add my welcome too Toad.
          I love the "Sleeping in A Jar" , very good work.
          Sandra

Comment

Oh no... If I'da known you were a Canuck I would have never told you about this place! (Just kidding of course. ) I live just outside Seattle, so we're at least in the same timezone and can relate weather-wise.

Hope you have gobs of fun and learn a lot here, too. Glad to have you join the fray.

~Danny~

- - - -
            Pssst: Everybody...

Toad's letting me use one of his real knockout pics for one of next weeks' mini-challenges. When you see it I'm sure you'll agree it's quite amazing.

Comment

Working...
            X